Oh My God - What Just Happened

Guest formercatlady

Guest formercatlady

Eddie was lying on the floor sleeping and he woke up whimpering. I don't mean bad dream whimpering, but a really scary high pitched "I'M IN PAIN" crying. I ran to him and tried to locate the pain...think it was his heart b/c there was this weird fluttery beat. Could that be the cause of his pain? He has been diagnosed with heart problems, more specifically in laymen's terms 3 of his 4 valves are leaking. He has been to the cardiologist twice and both times no cardiac medications were prescribed or recommended.

Am I even making sense? I'm so scared and I don't know what to do right now.

ETA...Okay his heartbeat is back to normal now, but still could that have been the cause of his pain? :dunno

Edited by formercatlady

He may have just had a bad cramp in his leg or something too. Andy woke up screaming one night and his heart was going nuts but it turned out to be a cramp in his leg. If you're really concerned, see the E Vet or for your peace of mind, take him to his vet in the morning.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest nerak254

I hope things are ok. I know how scarry that sound is. The only problem we've had here is generally when I've heard it there ends up being nothing wrong. When something really has been wrong, the patient was quiet.

Guest formercatlady
I hope things are ok. I know how scarry that sound is. The only problem we've had here is generally when I've heard it there ends up being nothing wrong. When something really has been wrong, the patient was quiet.

Yep, now that he's resting peacefully :nappy I feel like a big dork but that was so scary. I'm glad that *one* of us will get some sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

I've experienced something very similar with Finnian. It wasn't the GSOD, but started as a whimper then escalated to high pitched crying. He woke up with a cramp. :rolleyes: However, his heart was beating like mad while I calmed him down. Hopefully Eddie is just fine now. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

That's happened a couple of times with Argus. He apparently had a Charley horse and woke up shrieking. Scared us half to death. He eventually calmed down and went back to sleep.

Hopefully that's all it is.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

We've had that happen once or twice. Don't know if it was a bad dream or what, but it's tough to know what went on.

There has also been an occasional paw entrapment in a cushion. They *really* don't like to wake up to that. Ack!

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Guest 2FourFootClowns

Lance did this to us the first time we took him camping. Shrieking dog in the middle of the night in a remote campground... yikes. His heart was very fluttery too, though we eventually concluded that this was just the stress of being confused and in pain. If your baby already has heart concerns, it's not very surprising then that he was all fluttery.

If all seems well, it probably is. If you have a vet advice line you can call, that might ease your mind a bit.