Spadeslead

becka

Guest DutchGrey

Becka, I'm really really sorry you had to let Spade go. It was way too soon, but you made the right choice for him. It's the last thing we can do for our babies when the time has come. :( I hope you will stay with us on GT, because you also did/do an awesome job fostering and who knows? Maybe you'll decide (when your heart is ready) to adopt another furbaby. Spade will always be in your heart! Goodbye Spade, run free and without pain. Tell 'em hi up there!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. :) As luck would have it, I will be fostering again sooner than I thought. A guy that has several dogs and fosters several more died earlier this week. He had a total of 15 dogs. When I got the email, I volunteered to take 2 of the pups to foster them. I think Spade is up to his old tricks! He didn't much care for snow, so on Monday he sent me 8 inches of snow, Tues sent me another 2 inches and Wed sent me ice. I took the day off work Tues and Wed. And now he has decided it is too quite in my house and sent me these pups. They are in Kaufman TX and I am not sure if I will even be needed just yet. So many people have stepped up to help. :)

Guest moon880

I am sorry to hear about Spade. He sounded like a really special dog. I always enjoyed hearing your stories about him. You were very lucky to have him in your life, and he was lucky to have you.

Thanks everyone. I thought I was doing pretty good. I went 2 days with out crying once. Then last night I lost it all over again. I picked up a roll of film today that was nothing but him. All but 4 out of 25 pics were him. He really started to come out of his shell. I have one with his ears perked up and he looks like a pig!! Honestly! :) I will scan them and put up the web address sometimes this week. And there is one of him with his nose all the way in my cow slippers. All you see is Spade's eyes, and the cow's head. It is too funny!

Thanks for all the kind words, you have no idea how much I appreciate them.