Spadeslead

becka

Tonight at 7:30p I let Spade cross over to the Rainbow Bridge. His lymphoma had progressed so far. Last night went I went to work his neck was swollen and he was still in good spirits. This morning when I got home from work I did not get my normal 'lets beat everything with my tail and feet to let mom know how happy I am' greeting. All I got was him walking up to me. No excitement. Sometime during the night one of the nodes in his neck ruptured and was causing him to have breathing problems and difficulty swallowing. I decided that all day with no good was a sign. :cry1 I know I did the right thing and I know it was time. I made a promise to him that when the bad outweighed the good I would release him. My beloved heart dog is now running free and eating God knows what! :) I held his head in my lap as the vet gave him the medicine. Mom, dad and baby sis were all at the vets with me and it truly helped to have them there. Shortly after Spade was gone I came to realize he truly was my heart dog. :wub: His ear tatoo was 27A. I am 27 and I was the first born. I got him 2 days after my 27th birthday. :heart He was an awesome dog and tolerated a lot. I knew that when he whimpered tonight he was in too much pain to bear and I couldn't stand it. I probably will disappear for a while and collect myself. I want to thank everyone for all their support and compassion.

Becka and Spade at the Bridge

:angelwings:gh_run:paw

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless you.

Gentle hugs to you, and blowing a kiss to Spade in his new pain-free home across the bridge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sorry to hear that things progressed so quickly...he's running pain free and yes, probably eating God knows what :)

No doubt whatsoever he was your heart dog :wub: Take all the time you need, we'll all be here when you are feeling "gathered".

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh Becka, I'm so sorry. We all know how much you love him, and letting him go must have been so hard for you, but what a kindness to him. Godspeed baby, wait happily at the bridge.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

:(:( So very sorry for your loss. You did the right thing, now Spade is running and jumping pain free and wagging his tail with overwhelming thoughts of playing. He'll be waiting for you and will never leave your heart :wub:

Take all the time you need, just remember we are all here for you anytime! Take care!

Sending healing prayers for your heart! :brokenheart

Rest in peace Spade :angelwings

:gh_bow

Praying for all the missing greys!

My heart goes out to you in this challenging time. You gave your precious boy the final gift of freedom from pain and suffering, and he will always be connected with you through your heart. :heart

Godspeed sweet Spade. :angelwings

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:cry1 I'm very sorry to hear about Spade. My thoughts are with you. :f_white

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh Becka, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, Spade will always be with you in your heart, i can picture his sweet face smiling down on you now for helping him out of the pain he was in.

((BIG hugs)) so very sorry...god bless you both :heart

Oh Becka, I am so so sorry........This is such a difficult time, even after recently going through it, I don't know what to say to comfort you. Warm hugs to you. Time does help you, believe me..... There is a lot of support here and it does help..... Take as much time as you need but know that we are all here for you.... I bet Floyd is showing Spade how to play soccer and having a great time!!

Janet & Liddy

Katy, Texas

but been all over

Guest TheMackeyPack

becka, I am so very sorry to hear about Spade. I know he will live in your heart forever. Please be assured that you did everything for him and you made the right decision out of your love for him. If you need anything please let me know

Deb

Oh, Becka, I'm so sorry to hear about Spade. :( But he's in a better place now. :angelwings:angel

Kathryn, “Broadway” BW’s Broadway: Shaggy Bessie x Jimbo Red Rose, & "Ellie" Noah's Smelldog: Castor Troy x Mulberry Jade. My Angels "Sidney" Rainier Rapper: Rainier Ranger x Rainier Rapport (09/03/2001-2/26/2012); "Pistol" Tiowa Pistol: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-8/02/2011); “Perry" Tiowa Perry: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-6/09/2010); "Jackie" Mjp's Jackie: Joey Flint x Social Robin (6/12/1997-6/20/2008)