Bill Got A Boo Boo

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

We had a quick minor scuffle this evening. Everybody got excited over something I don't know what and they all bunched up. Then some one bumped somebody who pushed someone else and then someone snarked and poor Bill got bit on his side. No one else got hurt nobody jumped at anybody it was just one of those scuffles that happen from time to time and because someone yelped I checked everyone to make sure no one actually got hurt and found that Bill did in fact get hurt. He is gonna take a few stitches. We cleaned up the wound and wrapped it up real good and he is in on my bed chillin'. It is not bleeding profusely or anything and he will be fine till the vet opens in the morning. So we will be off to the vet tomorrow for some stitches and some antibiotics. Poor Bill he hates to ride and he hates the shiny floor at the vet.

I'm off to give him some hugs and kisses now.

Edited by greybookends

Hope Bill's vet visit isn't to traumatic. Feel better Bill. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

:dogcookie :dogcookie :dogcookie:kiss2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greybookends
Hope Bill's vet visit isn't to traumatic. Feel better Bill. :grouphug

Unfortunately a vet visit for Bill is always traumatic. Stress wise, he's good he just shakes, pants and sheds a lot.

He is doing fine this morning. I cleaned the wound and changed the bandages this morning and am just waiting for the vet to open. Bill ate all of his breakfast, which is good because Bill can be a pain at mealtimes on occasion. I will let you know how it goes when we get home. For now he is on my bed in front of a fan snoozing.

Guest greybookends

Bill is at the vets. The vet said I did a really good job of cleaning and bandaging thus making his job easier. He said however it is in a bad spot for male dogs as when you bandage it if you don't watch where you bandage you wrap up his privates. It is also in that place in the crease of the back leg so that when he walks if not stitched right it will tear more so he is gonna have to use 2 kinds of stitches. Sub cue and something else I can't remember what he called them. While he has him there he is gonna do a quick scaling of his teeth. He doesn't need a full dental but some tarter is beginning to accumulate at the base of his canines so they will scale them while he is sedated. They will call me later and I will let you know how it goes.

Guest greybookends

Just got a call from the vet saying Bill is all stitched up and standing up just fine. I reminded them of his fear of the floors and that he is likely to statue. I can pick him up between 2 and 2:30.

Guest greybookends

Bill is home and he is doing fine.

Why is it that after they do the stitches it always looks worse than it is? Anyways.... I have put him in a set of jammies to keep him from messing with the sutures. I have had the windows opened this past week but I closed them up and turned the AC down so that Bill won't be uncomfortable in the jammies. He is in on my bed in front of a fan with the AC cranked so he will be fine. OH and his teeth look good to. :)

Here are a couple of pictures of Bill. The first is the wound. I wish I had taken one beforehand because It looks far worse than it is. It was the size of a silver dollar and just a skin tear. No muscle was injured.

DSC02965.jpg

Here he is in what his daddy calls his sissy jammies. They are not as heavy as his manly jammies so I put them on him instead.

DSC02966.jpg

Edited by greybookends

Guest LolasMom

Ouch! He looks like he's enjoying the fan and AC though.

...on another note; OMG those are the cutest jammies I've ever seen! :wub:

Where did he get them. I might have to order some for my "little sissy" before winter gets here.

Guest greybookends

Where did he get them. I might have to order some for my "little sissy" before winter gets here.

Needlenose Apparel. His regular set are blue and orange flames because his daddy says the little clouds make him look like a sissy. :rolleyes::lol

Guest LolasMom

Needlenose Apparel. His regular set are blue and orange flames because his daddy says the little clouds make him look like a sissy. :rolleyes::lol

Thanks. He looks like an handsome little earth angel to me :beatheart

Sending smoochies to Bill because he had to go to the VET!!!! EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Hope he heals up quickly and well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:kiss2 Bill

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)