Cuffy Isn't Feeling Well . . .

Guest jurishound

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers for Cuffy. :hope

We don't do pig ears here.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest jurishound

Thanks, everyone. Cuffy is still not feeling well - wouldn't even sniff a cooked breakfast. I just got off the phone with the vet with plans to bring him in tomorrow if he doesn't eat anything tonight. :cry1

Poor bug. Sending gentle scritchies and prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I hope Cuffy starts eating soon. Hopefully nothing is "stuck" in there. He looks just like my Alex who is 11. (He ate some corn cobs a few weeks ago and it has not been a good situation ever since due to some poor judgment calls on the part of the 1st vet who saw him.) I showed his pic to my husband last night and he just stared at Cuffy for the longest time because of the extreme similarity. Sending lots of good thoughts his way and I hope if you have to take him in to the vet that the vet makes a good call on what is wrong. I will send the vet some good thoughts just in case. :getwell Cuffy!!

Sending prayers and most gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending good wishes, hoping we get a good report from the vet soon!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest jurishound

Cuffy is home after spending the day at the vet's - his examination revealed a very sensitive tummy on palpation, and the x-rays showed a lot of gas in his intestines. Thankfully, his lungs were clear. He had a dose of reglan, and seems to be feeling a little better. He even barked at someone who came to the door, and ate a fair amount of hamburger and rice for supper! Many thanks for all of your good wishes! Here is is, on vacation at the beach a couple of weeks ago:

IMG_0336.jpg

Edited by jurishound

Welcome back home honey....keep getting better and better. Flashy had the same kind of an episode last year and he was so sick. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending scritchies. Hope he continues to feel better.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest jurishound

I am very pleased to report that Cuffy is feeling better! It appears he had a severe case of gastroenteritis, likely caused by the consumption of a pig ear. He is back to himself, barking and relentlessly begging for food. Some TLC and Batmom's meatloaf seem to have gotten him back on track. Here he is with Stormy (isn't Stormy sweet?), seeing DD5 off on her first day of Kindergarten, and today in the garden (wearing his digging in the dirt collar):

IMG_0405.jpgIMG_0409.jpg

ETA: Thanks for all your good wishes - and here's hoping that all the other hounds who aren't feeling well have speedy recoveries!

Edited by jurishound

Guest greytexplorer

Thanks, Jurishound, for that good report.

I don't know about you, but I think we're a little short on good reports!

Cuffy and Stormy are adorable.

How did DD like her first day of K?