Cuffy Isn't Feeling Well . . .

Guest jurishound

Guest jurishound

Our dear old Cuffy is sick, and I'm trying not to panic. Last night, he wasn't interested in eating. This morning, he refused to get up for breakfast so I gave him his breakfast, heavily laced with sliced chicken, in bed. He had a bite and then began rubbing his nose in his blanket, and refused to eat any more. When Cricket was very sick, she did this too, and the vet thought it might be a sign of nausea. I know it's early to panic, but we have only had him for six short months and his 12th birthday was in May. Our angelgreys Lucy and Cricket both became sick at this age. He did have a checkup last month, and the vet was pleased with his condition. If he's still not eating tomorrow, we'll make a return visit. Good wishes sent this way would be most appreciated! :(

IMG_0088.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good wishes for Cuffy.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Sending prayers for your precious boy. :hope It's so distressing when they're "off." :( There's a couple of recent threads about how to entice a hound to eat. ;)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest greytloves

Check his mouth, I had an old girl that did that, turned out one of her front teeth was split in half and it was hurting her to eat. She was also rubbing her face.

Hoping it's just a tooth, or the weather. Sending lots of good healthy thoughts to Cuffy.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Joslin. It's so stressful when they can't just tell us what's wrong. Hopefully, this too shall pass and Cuffy will be back to normal by tomorrow. Please keep us posted. No detail too small.

Hugs to both of you. :bighug

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

Guest jurishound

Many thanks for all of your good thoughts. He wanted to go for a ride in the car earlier (where he promptly pooped - thankfully, it was solid) and ate a little rice cooked in chicken broth. Turns out DH gave him a pig ear :unsure yesterday - perhaps that caused an upset tummy?

ETA: It was a beautiful warm day today - not too hot - so I don't believe the weather is a factor.

Edited by jurishound

Guest cestbarb

Lots of good thoughts and prayers for Cuffy :hope :hope . Hope to hear good news tomorrow. :goodluck

No pig ears in this house either. And as of today, home made chicken crack.

Guest JenFallon

Hi Joslin,

Sorry to hear poor Cuffy is under the weather. Hopefully he was just having an off day and maybe the pigs ear was too much on his belly. Let us know how he's doing tomorrow.

Keeping you both in my thoughts :grouphug

Jen

Edited by JenFallon

Brandy is 12-1/2 and some days she doesn't eat well. Other days she runs to the bowl when I place it down and then just picks. Once in a while, she finishes everything and looks for more. She knows how to play me like a song.

I hope Cuffy is feeling better tomorrow and licks the bowl clean.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds