Lacey Laine

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greyhidden

Oh, Patti, I just got back on Greytalk! NO! Lacey Laine, you R in my prayers along with Luckylou's. I pray: Dear Lord, this woman has been in times of trouble health wise, along with her hubby - Fred. However, now, it's one of their 4-legger pups - Lacey Laine, please dear Lord, help Lacey, don't let Patti; Fred loose Lacey. I know, I owe you one, but I've known Patti for a couple of years now, just from online; I feel like I've known her personally in person. Please, Lacey, get better, you are in my thoughts, words, deeds, prayers go out to all involved. Patti, hang in there! It's your friend, Mary. Let us know how Lacey fairs, keep this thread open for us. AMEN! You've done so much; life takes a turn on you, I pray for you and Your health also. Good luck with your grey, God is with her.

I'm so sorry :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh, Patti, I just got back on Greytalk! NO! Lacey Laine, you R in my prayers along with Luckylou's. I pray: Dear Lord, this woman has been in times of trouble health wise, along with her hubby - Fred. However, now, it's one of their 4-legger pups - Lacey Laine, please dear Lord, help Lacey, don't let Patti; Fred loose Lacey. I know, I owe you one, but I've known Patti for a couple of years now, just from online; I feel like I've known her personally in person. Please, Lacey, get better, you are in my thoughts, words, deeds, prayers go out to all involved. Patti, hang in there! It's your friend, Mary. Let us know how Lacey fairs, keep this thread open for us. AMEN! You've done so much; life takes a turn on you, I pray for you and Your health also. Good luck with your grey, God is with her.

AMEN

Guest argolola

AMEN

and amen

Patti-

I'm so sorry to hear about Lacey Laine.

I think lymphoma can respond really well to chemo. We have a dog we just got returned to us who's 11 and in horrible shape. He normally weighs 90lbs and is down to like 60. His owner has terminal cancer himself and said that Ivan had lumps on his throat that he couldn't afford to take him to the vet for. Well, the lumps were his lymph nodes swollen HUGE. The ones in his groin and the backs of his legs were also ping pong ball sized. One leg was swollen because the lymph nodes were so bad. He is skin and bones and his hair had mostly fallen out.

After consulting w/ the vet we decided to do chemo on him. She said that there is an excellent chance of getting it in remission (maybe for a couple of years) if it's caught early, and that even as bad as Ivan's was she thought it was worth trying.

His first chemo was rough (because he's in such bad shape), but after a couple of days he started feeling better. After the first week the lymph nodes had gone down quite a bit. He had his second treatment this past week and bounced back faster - even though it's supposed to be the worst round. He's eating well, playing with stuffies and getting on the sofa for petting. His foster home can't believe how great he's doing.

So, hopefully it if is lymphoma Lacey Laine will respond as well as Ivan. At least she has otherwise good health in her favor and you caught it quickly.

Here's Ivan the other day. You can see his ribs and spine.

He says to tell Lacey Laine that if he can beat it so can she!

ivan1.jpg

Kelly

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05