Zadie Is At The Bridge

Guest IndysDad

oh no. I so understand your feelings about not being sure if you can continue with these wonderful hounds. When I lost Oscar three weeks ago and way too young an age, I said the same thing - and still feel that way. Only time will tell if you or I can.

I'm so sorry. If there is any comfort, it is in that went peacefully and in her beloved place. I truly am sorry for your loss.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. My first greyhound, Frostman, died in his sleep without any warning. That was 8 years ago. Having lost dogs to illness and without warning, I have to say -- for me -- the shock of the unexpected was harder for me to deal with. People will sometimes ask me why I continue to put myself through the pain. For me this poem says it all.

Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." -- Irving Townsend.

We all grieve and heal in our own way and on our own schedule. Only you will know what's right for you.

Again, I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

may peace and comfort be with you during the days ahead. Zadie would want you to continue on, she gave her love so freely. May her memories remain alive in your hearts forever!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest Winterwish

IndysDad,I'm so,so sorry! :grouphug I love that picture of her standing there so beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss IndysDad.

Godspeed lovely girl,angel Zadie ~ :candle:f_pink:gh_child:f_pink:candle

I understand. When we lost Polly a year after Chester, I felt as if someone had used a dull knife to rip my heart and lungs out. I too didn't know if I could handle losing another dog. However, 6 months later, I started seeing Chester laying in his favorite spots out of the corner of my eye. It felt as if he was trying to tell me that it was time to put my grief aside and help another dog in need. (He was a lab blend that was a true rescue.) I consider Sirocco, Nikki and Yukon an honor to his and Polly's memory. However, only you can decide what is right for you.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to experience such a sudden unexpected loss. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry to hear this. What a shock it must be. I know the pain as well, hoping soon she'll send you a sign that she's ok....

Run free , sweet girl...

Oh no I am so very sorry to read this. My heart is aching for you right now. I know that feeling you have right now and it is so very hard to find words to comfort you. May you know we are all here for support. Your beloved angel will be with you in spirit always.