Zadie Is At The Bridge

Guest IndysDad

Guest IndysDad

Zadie Anne Greyhound (My Zadie) has gone to the Bridge this afternoon...it appears she went out tp potty, settled in in her favorite shady spot for a nap and never woke up...

Cathy and I would like to say Thank You every one for your kind words and thoughts when Zadie went to the Bridge.

Greytalk people are special; we're like an extended family, sharing the joy of a new dog or foster and sharing the loss of our friends together...it's quite the community we have here...

We were always expecting Indy to be the first to leave because he's 11 3/4 years old...

I don't know why Zadie had to leave when she did, I know she loved children and maybe the Angels needed her to help a child cross the Bridge.

She was a good girl, enjoying retirement while still taking time to take care of her Mom, Dad and Indy too. She loved life and lived every day with enthusiasm and joy...I miss that...

Zadie was good with the fosters we've had here, helping them learn how to be a proper retired Greyhound and gladly showing them the door when they found their forever homes (Can I nap in peace now?)

She had 2 bushel baskets filled with stuffies, but wouldn't play with them, how ever, give her a Milkbone and she would play with it for what seemed like hours, tossing it the air,chasing it all over the house, play bowing at it and finally laying down to delicately munch it, taking her sweet time to finish it....I miss that..

Zadie loved children and enjoyed going to M&G's to get some pets and snacks from the kids there...I think she looked at the kids at the M&G's as perpetual snack machines; her routine was to find a kid with food (any kind of food), look at them as if to say "I'm starving, my people NEVER feed me, can I have some of yours? I'm starving ...pleeeaaase???" then give her "mark" THE look..and sure enough, she would succeed, get her snack and look for another "mark" to work on...She was a "master snarfer"...I miss that..

Zaders was supposed to be "my" dog, but she chose her Mom as her person; every day, Monday thru Friday at 5:15, she would go to the dog room and wait for her Mom to come home...when Cathy would walk through the door, all was right in her world...she would carry on a conversation with Cathy, discussing what happened in her world that day.. we miss that...

Zadie, sweetheart, I know you were met by Hammer, Evelyn and Tiger Too as well as a lot of your friends from Greytalk we read about...I'm sure you and Tiger will choose another hound or 2 for us; We'd like to request a cat tolerant senior girl, but hey...we'll take who ever you send us and be glad about that :) .

Take care of your self at the Bridge, tell the other puppers we miss them and we will all meet again when the time comes..

Godspeed and run free till then,

Mom, Dad and Indy

Edited by IndysDad

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no.....I am so sorry for your loss....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

How devastating. I am so sorry.

GODSPEED ZADIE.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GiJenn51

Larry--

I'm so very sorry. Not much more than that will help your heart. I know it didn't mine. Don't give up them yet. There are so many hearts that need touching. You are needed by these graceful beasts. As we need them. It hurts more than any human can ever put in to words. There is no adjective, or combinations of, out there to even come close how much it hurts.

Zadie was called to the bridge much to your dismay. She was needed elsewhere.

Somedays that helps me. Somedays not.

I would think that Zadie wouldn't want you to give up on greyhounds.

Don't ask me why I'm typing all this... I don't know. I typically never would. But I feel that we can never give up on them - no matter how painful it is.

God Rest her soul. Zadie you are missed and never forgotten. :gh_run

I am so sorry! :cry1 And this is the second one you've lost suddenly, without warning, at home, isn't it? Forgive me if I've missed something, but I don't think either of them showed signs of illness?

There is only one thing I can say to comfort you at this time - leaving you this way, they never had to get sick and suffer, they just left. Zadie probably never knew there was anything wrong.

:f_pink

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

She left so suddenly, and so very young. I'm very very sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest argolola

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your precious angel. Please take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life. She will always be loved.

Prayers for you and your family.

That is a hard hard thing. My heart goes out to you.

Fly away home, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.