White Puss Coming From Penis

Guest FrostyBottoms

Um,...I've never had a boy dog, but....um, well, are you sure it's puss?

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest CyndiW

Not sure but all my boys have it at one time or another. My husband thinks it is some of kind of mucous type lubrication. :unsure I used to always worry that something was wrong but they have never had UTIs so I don't worry anymore. I will be curious to read some of the other responses of what it really is.

Guest DorianGreyhound

A lot of boy dogs get this gunky yellowy stuff there sometimes. I really don't know what it is. If it's not a lot and constant and foul... then it's probably okay I think.

If it's white, and he's neutered, it's likely pus. Indicative of an infection (probably a sheath infection). I'd get him to the vet for a checkup...

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest StriderDog

Two different boys, two different vets - both times they said "It's, uh, surplus lubrication." :blush

If you're feeling really adventurous, you can gently push his penis out of the sheath and look for redness or sores on the penis itself. If the hoo-hoo looks pink (not red) and healthy, don't worry about it.

If it's just a drop here and a drop there; it's whitish or yellowish; not so smelly as to knock you flat; and he isn't licking himself overmuch, it's normal. UNneutered dogs tend to have more of it than neutered boys, but there are differences in how much lube is produced, how often a boy cleans himself, etc.

What it is, technically, is smegma. Sorta like snot for hoo-hoos.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest vahoundlover

When we brought Nod home, he had just been neutered the week prior...I remember telling Sara, he has this discharge does he have an infection? She laughed...No, she said..."It's batter" :blink:

Guest KennelMom

I must say, the sub title on this thread made me :spoot

If it's just a drop here and a drop there; it's whitish or yellowish; not so smelly as to knock you flat; and he isn't licking himself overmuch, it's normal. UNneutered dogs tend to have more of it than neutered boys, but there are differences in how much lube is produced, how often a boy cleans himself, etc.

:nod to the first part and :lol to the second

IIRC he's pretty new to you guys so maybe he was recently neutered? Yep, it's "batter" :blush As others have said, boys that are un-neutered tend to produce more of it. After about a year you really won't see it much at all.

If he's licking himself a lot or you notice your girly checking him out a little more than usual you might want to have him checked out, seems like some boys tend to develop mild UTIs after a neuter as well.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:rofl

:rofl:rofl:rofl

And beware the olives !!!

Has he been spending a lot of time alone in the bathroom with certain magazines? :rofl

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest FrostyBottoms

Thank you! It is not smelly and I'm not feeling that adventurous tonight, Striderdog. So as long as it isn't more that a little dab of batter from time to time that doesn't stink....i will leave it alone.

Yes Krissn333...this is VV Old Dan "Vinny" that I am talking about...you may know better than I when he was neutered...but it had to be in the last 9 months or so.

This actually reminds me of a story....When i was about 10years old, the lady down the street from me was a shih tzu breeder...she gave me one of her "STUDS". I took him home and was horrified...something was dreadfully wrong! I brought him back and asked her what all the red stuff that was coming out of his penis was! I got a little lesson in sex ed that day! So I guess I am feeling like a 10 year old right now!

no opinion but reading this makes me real glad Red had been neutered for a while and at two

different adoption groups (one twice) in two different states before i brought him home.

no hoo hoo dilemmas as it had been a long time since out last bog dog.

hmm 'hoo hoo' is not in the spell check. shouldn't it be?

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Guest spudlover

Ummm, when my son was born, I remember the doctor telling me not to worry if I saw "penis pearls", that it was normal for little boys. So they're not the only ones..... :blink:

Guest Moebaaviva
:wubsite Everything I ever wanted (or didn't want) to know about greyhounds, I know I can find it here! :colgate:D I was reading this aloud to Dh and he said, "Well I didn't want to alarm you with Jackson (former male foster dog), but I noticed this a few times with him and it was pretty weird..." Now we know!

My male 'Ivy' (he's intact) gets some whitish discharge without smell every now and then...nothing to worry about.

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.