Time To Race

Guest Heehoo

Guest Snowy8

Time to Race...son of HB's Commander. You were my quiet, grumpy guy. You loved to sleep on my bed, but don't even think about cuddling....it was okay to put my arm over you, but don't move it after that.

In the afternoons, Racer would get in the back yard & I guess he was reliving his old racing days...he'd run figure 8's...stop, turn his head like he was listening for them to call his name out as the winner. Or he was waiting on the other dogs to catch up. Then he would lay in the shade near the flowerbed & day dream.

20_19.jpg

Apr10_06.jpg

Then Racer would come in the house & cool off in front of the door, roaching...using the fireplace hearth to prop up.

01_0.jpg

As reserved as he was, he always cracked me up doing this, just suddenly...out of the blue, flip over.

Racer had this "air" about him...he didn't care if he was petted or not.

The day he died, he spent most of the day out in the wading pool....he suddenly let out a scream & fell to the floor. I didn't even have time to call the vet before he was gone. He's buried on a friend's property not too far from where Pegasus is buried now.

1eacc6f4.jpg

Sometimes when I look outside & see Banker playing, chasing stuffies & throwing them in the air...I think about Racer.

Always and forever in our hearts. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest how888

Racer, just send mommy a sign from "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" so she will know you're okay. Until we meet again one day, run free and know you were so loved.

Guest Snowy8

Aug27129.jpg

I got several rainbows while in Florida, I figured they were from my boys, Bool Brogan Bones Racer Pegasus & from my girl Sadie-Grey...she sent me a manatee.

It's always a trade. They give us some of themselves, but leave with a piece of our heart. Not a bad deal, really.

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest Snowy8

Its funny you should say that...I have several HB grand children & I can see a little of Racer in each one of them.

He was so cute when I got him...his other mommy had gotten a divorce & had to move home. He was so chubby. He wasn't concerned about being returned...he just walked thru the office & didn't look at anyone as he went by. I thought of him all weekend & on Monday I called & said I'd come get him. I brought him home, took him thru the fence & then let the others outside...they just took one sniff, and everyone went about their business like Racer had been there all along. He started getting a regular routine of exercise & he slendered down.

He loved hot dogs!!! I took him & Brogan to the Halloween party that year & they had a wading pool set up with hot dogs floating in it. Brogan & Racer dragged me to the pool & under they went for those hot dogs.

All the hot dogs he'd ever want, now.

Rest well, handsome, until your momma can come see you again.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.