Stomach Upset Question

Guest MidnightMama

Guest MidnightMama

I woke up yesterday morning to the sound of Midnite throwing up. She very rarely has stomach issues, and it apparently was due to the fact that she decided that one of DD's scrunchies looked good enough to eat. :huh DD has not worn scrunchies in her hair for at least two years now, so I have no idea how Midnite got this one or where she found it. I also have no idea when she ate it. Once Midnite got her stomach emptied out, she seemed subdued, and was nibbling at her food. The only residual problem she is having is very loose poops. She is able to hold it - no accidents in the house - so I'm hesitant to call it diarrhea. She seemed a bit lazier than normal this morning, but did accept Runner's invitation to play and chased Runner around for awhile, just like she normally does every morning.

So, my question is - Do you think the loose bowels are associated with the scrunchie eating? Do you think they are unrelated?

Does anyone else have a dog with a taste for inedible objects? Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, I will be calling the vet this morning and running it by them as well, I'm just hoping to hear from the voices of experience.

Guest MidnightMama

Okay, just got off the phone with the vet. We're going to see how she is doing this afternoon, and go from there. The vet was encouraged that she is drinking, eating and playing - and that the poop is the normal amount. We're going to give her rice and hamburg to see if we can firm her up. The vet's theory is that since Mid's stomach is generally sensitive, that she may have thrown her digestive system off by trying to digest the scrunchie. If she is still having problems this afternoon, we'll take her in.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Cougar has eaten an assortment of items. I wonder if the stress of being sick could contribute to the loose poop? Good luck!

Guest MidnightMama

Just wanted to update my post. As of this morning, everything seems back to normal - no more loose poops and Middie is a starving puppy.

We also found out that she LOVES rice.