Saint's Yearly Check-up!

Saint had a wonderful yearly checkup! No signs of the epilepsy medications affecting his liver in any way! Dr. B said his teeth are beautiful and he's absolutely healthy as a horse, which is appropriate since he's as big as one! In October he will reach the 3 year mark since his last seizure!

I'm so proud of my big boy!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That is just the best news ever! :confetti

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

That is great news! Three years (and counting!) is wonderful. :confetti:confetti A healthy liver and clean toofers also call for celebration! :clap:confetti

Lucy and Piper (40 days seizures free)

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Great going Saint!! :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

That is wonderful news!! yay.gif

Judy, what supplements to you give Saint to help with his liver? I give Scooter milk thistle once a day to help his liver against damage to his liver but this last week when he had a buch of blood work done for his surgery, his liver levels were high. Higher than we like them to be. :ph34r

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Judy, what supplements to you give Saint to help with his liver? I give Scooter milk thistle once a day to help his liver against damage to his liver but this last week when he had a buch of blood work done for his surgery, his liver levels were high. Higher than we like them to be. :ph34r

You know Jennifer, I haven't given him any supplements at all. He's been doing so great I haven't felt the need yet. We did have a discussion with the vet that if the day should come that Saint does show problems cropping up with his liver, that there wouldn't be much we could do for him. His seizures are so horribly bad that if we took away some of his meds we'd lose him to them. So I guess if that day ever comes we will end up losing him to his liver or the seizures. Not a nice choice is it. I may get some milk thistle and start him on it now just as a precaution.

I'm so sorry Scooter is having problems. I don't know why some dogs have problems and others don't. Scooter isn't on that high of dose is he?

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

You know Jennifer, I haven't given him any supplements at all. He's been doing so great I haven't felt the need yet. We did have a discussion with the vet that if the day should come that Saint does show problems cropping up with his liver, that there wouldn't be much we could do for him. His seizures are so horribly bad that if we took away some of his meds we'd lose him to them. So I guess if that day ever comes we will end up losing him to his liver or the seizures. Not a nice choice is it. I may get some milk thistle and start him on it now just as a precaution.

I'm so sorry Scooter is having problems. I don't know why some dogs have problems and others don't. Scooter isn't on that high of dose is he?

No, his does of pheno is on the low side of the scale and has been for 2 years. I'm grateful for that because IF *knock on wood it doesn't happen* he were to start having them again, it gives us a lot of room to play with his dosage. Fortunately we have been very lucky.

When I talked to Dr. C about it she said that I could double on on his thistle dosage and see if that helps when he is tested again in a month. Hopefully his readings will be be lower. :goodluck

Still waiting to hear back from Dr. C for the current situation. I'll keep you posted. :)

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007