Fluid Filled Cyst On Paw...any Ideas?

Guest sajechma

Guest sajechma

This is my first time posting, so excuse any mistakes I make. My grey has a fluid filled cyst on her hind paw that has become inflamed and swollen. It seems to be seeping a bit. Have vet appt tomorrow, but am worried. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest sheila

hard to say w/o seeing it firsthand. It could be a bug bite or a foreign object that has gotten lodged in there. Good thing that you are taking her to a vet.

Guest greytexplorer

yep :nod get to the vet asap

hope it's not too painful and yall can get some sleep tonight.

please keep us posted on your visit and diagnosis

and.... :welcome2

What's your pup's name and color???

Guest Greensleeves

It could be anything, from something that will need surgery to remove it, to something that can be left alone, to something that will resolve on its own (we have had all of those here).

Nelly had surgery to remove a sebaceous gland that had become impacted/infected. Ladygirl has had a big ugly cyst on her chest for a couple of years now (about the size of the ball for the game of jacks), but it's not bothering her, so Doc doesn't want to mess with it. And just a week ago, she developed a cystlike swelling on her arm, which she was licking... but by the time we got to the vet, it had broken open on its own and was starting to heal.

I'm sure your vet will be able to advise you. :)