Autoimmune Disease

Guest RoanokeGreys

Guest RoanokeGreys

We actually had an appointment to take Missy for accupuncture treatment today; of course we canceled that last week when she was put in intensive care at VT.

The results of the muscle biopsy performed at Tech were negative; now we have to wait for the results from the muscle sample sent to a lab in California. We are still waiting on a few more blood tests; so far we have no idea what is making our girl so sick.

The only good news we have is that she is not getting worse, and may be gaining back a little strength. We get to see her again tomorrow. :):gh_bow

Guest longdogs

These illnesses seem to be diagnosed in the absence of anything else being identified. William went through a whole battery of tests including x-rays, blood tests, spinal fluid cultures and ultrasounds. All came back clear but he was desperately sick dog and his systems were just collapsing. There were plenty of symptoms and no positive diagnosis. At least the corticosteroid treatment worked for him. It was a very worrying time. I wish you luck.

Guest RoanokeGreys

Bad news today about our little Missy. After taking her to a people-hospital for an MRI, the vets told us she has a tumor on her spinal cord and there is nothing more they can do for her. We are going to spend some time with her tomorrow before we have to say goodbye.

Thanks to everyone who lent their love, support and prayers for our little one. She was such a joy to us, and we feel very fortunate that we were the ones that got to give her a forever home.

Guest greytlady

So sorry the news wasn't better but I know you gave her the best gift ever, a warm, loving home. I wish she could have hung around longer to enjoy it.

Prayers to you and your family and give Missy an extra kiss from me,

No Show Missy had her 3rd birthday Aug 3nd. :(

Edited by greytlady