Rusty Needs A Few Good Thoughts Again...

I just wanna say, Rusty's doing well from his surgery, his incision has heeled

and he's eating so that part is good.

But, he's been in pain when he lays down and gets up, sometimes he yips

if he moves just right. He has a hard time bending down to pick up a cookie

if he drops it. :( I thought it was still his operation healing.

Last Sat. 8/18 he started walking funny, like lifting his right leg way up like he

was marching. :unsure So we went to the vets. We were there maybe 15 mins. and

he couldn't bend his leg, he was walking stiff legged!

We were the only ones in the waiting room, the vet

was out til 1:00. So about 10 mins. later just about 1:00, he was holding his leg out in front

of him and it was shaking really bad, he couldn't walk, they had to carry him into the examining

room. :cry1 The vet thinks it's a pinched nerve.

So, he's been on steroids for a week.

He's walking ok now, but he's still in pain when he bends down or tries to lay down or get up.

If he's not better in 5 days, I have to take him back to the vets.

I hate to ask, I tried not to, but it's been a week and I'm getting worried...

could you send some good thoughts & prayers please, thanks.

I'm sorry.

Is my sweetie ever going to be his old self again?

:beatheart:kiss2

Mybigboy807.jpg

Edited by nyGreys

Why ever would you hesitate to ask for prayer and good thoughts? :bighug They are about the only things in life that need never to be rationed. Sending good thoughts and prayers that Rusty is soon feeling much better.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Many good thoughts and prayers headed your way! Cougar had a stiff neck a week or so ago that about sent me over the edge. He couldn't bend his head down to pick up treats off the floor. Luckily he most have had a pulled muscle or something because in 4-5 days he was pretty much recovered. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your pup, too.

Sending good thoughts and prayers and gentle ear scritches for your sweet, handsome Rusty. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

You got prayers coming from Miami. Hope Rusty is feeling better soon.Praying4u-blu.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest GracieMae
f_yellow:f_red:f_white
May God Bless Rusty with His Healing Grace
and give him His Healing Energy and Love.
Take away his pain
so he can show his mommy all his love!

:beatheart

Hugs and Wiggly Tails for you both!

:wub::beatheart:hope:candle

For Mommy:
:coffee
&
:chocolate

f_yellow:f_red:f_white

Poor bug, and poor worried momma.

If it's a back/neck thing, it can take a couple weeks to get better.

Get well soon, Rusty!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Rusty, you poor boy. I hope your crick disappears as suddenly as it appeared. :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh sweetheart...feel better soon honey. Sending many prayers and hugs to you both. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest CyndiW

Oh, he is so handsome!! Sending many thoughts and prayers for Rusty. It is so hard when you know that something is wrong and you don't know how to help. Let's hope it resolves on its own in a few days so he is back to himself soon.

Oh dear... :( Sending lots of :getwell thoughts, :kiss2 's and loving energy to your precious boy for his highest good. :hope He's been through so much (and so have you). :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest cronescreatures
I just wanna say, Rusty's doing well from his surgery, his incision has heeled

and he's eating so that part is good.

But, he's been in pain when he lays down and gets up, sometimes he yips

if he moves just right. He has a hard time bending down to pick up a cookie

if he drops it. :( I thought it was still his operation healing.

Last Sat. 8/18 he started walking funny, like lifting his right leg way up like he

was marching. :unsure So we went to the vets. We were there maybe 15 mins. and

he couldn't bend his leg, he was walking stiff legged!

We were the only ones in the waiting room, the vet

was out til 1:00. So about 10 mins. later just about 1:00, he was holding his leg out in front

of him and it was shaking really bad, he couldn't walk, they had to carry him into the examining

room. :cry1 The vet thinks it's a pinched nerve.

So, he's been on steroids for a week.

He's walking ok now, but he's still in pain when he bends down or tries to lay down or get up.

If he's not better in 5 days, I have to take him back to the vets.

I hate to ask, I tried not to, but it's been a week and I'm getting worried...

could you send some good thoughts & prayers please, thanks.

I'm sorry.

Is my sweetie ever going to be his old self again?

:beatheart:kiss2

Mybigboy807.jpg

Not only sending good thoughts and white light for healing, but a suggestion to help him with the pain... Try some arnica gel I use the Boiron brand stuff and I get it from Drugstore.com. Not affiliated with them in anyway, just a satisfied customer.

A friend with greyhounds told me about this stuff about a year and a half ago. I was having charley horses from doing a straight thru greyhound GUR by myself. It works on contact. Since then, I've used it on everything from bruises and pulled muscles to pinched nerves and any sort of non-skeletal non-open wound injury. I have even used it after an open wound has been sutured and it helps there too. I use it more on the greys now than on me, but I use it a lot too. The stuff is made from the herb arnica montana.

Good luck and lots of white light and good thoughts coming to Rusty for a speedy recovery and less trauma in his life!