Happy H&m Post

Can I just say how absolutely wonderful my vet is???

First, she's very greyhound savvy, very personable and very approachable. She gave me her email address if I had any questions, and when I've emailed her about my pup she has given an immediate and thoughtful response. And she hulls corns. But wait, there's more.

We occassionally use her clinic for foster dogs (I'd send all of them there, but there's the foster home location to be taken into account). So I sent her an email of a behavioral report on one of our foster dogs, asking for a quick opinion if anything medical stood out.

Not only does she happily respond (and this was a dog that she wouldn't necessarily examine, so she's responding on her own time), she gives a long, thoughful response, offers suggestions, etc. We have exchanged at least 10 emails over this dog (who she is seeing tomorrow). My old vets were never so responsive.

I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful vet! :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I'm happy with my latest vet too. :) After Chancy's surgery, he even gave me his private home phone number in case anything came up with her recovery over that weekend. That has never happened with any of the other vets.

A toast to great vets! :cheers: :yay:

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I'm happy with my latest vet too. :) After Chancy's surgery, he even gave me his private home phone number in case anything came up with her recovery over that weekend. That has never happened with any of the other vets.

A toast to great vets! :cheers : :yay :

That's great!

:cheers :cheers

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

That is awesome!

Ask her if she'd like to move to Canada :P

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Isn't Dr. K wonderful?! I'm considering switching and I live 1 1/2 hours from her!

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Guest Tigonie

My vet is great, too. I mostly go for my senior cat, Bill, who needs to be weighed every 3-4 weeks. She doesn't charge for a weight check, but she basically gives me an office visit for free to consult about Bill's health, if I want one when we come in. She trained me on giving him fluids at home.

Also, I usually make a list on a piece of paper and bring it when I visit any doctor (my own, for my daughter, the dentist, the vet, etc.) and my vet is the only doctor ever who has acknowledged that I have a list with me. She will ask me, "Do you have any more questions on your list?" rather than rushing me out like most medical folks seem to do.

Wow... that's wonderful!!! I need to find a new vet. :( My old vet that I loved retired, and the practice was bought out, but every time they get a vet I really like, they leave. :( Now they're down to 1 vet, and it's the guy I can't stand.

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest IrskasMom

I just switched to a much more Greysavvy Vet. I feel better with her . I guess the drive ( a little far out) is

worth it. She said , she like to specialize with Greys. I have only seen her once , so I can judge yet.

I liked my old Vet except he was a little to laid back .

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest VirginiaGreys

I love my vet too...and she gave me her email address too. I don't abuse it and she helps with fosters too...giving us GEGR a discount as well for those pups.