Corn Hulling Vets In Daytona, Fl Area?

Guest Greytdads

Guest Greytdads

Hi,

Jazz and Oni now live in sunny FL, and Jazz has a bad corn was was being hulled by a wonderful vet in VA while he lived here. Now he needs his corn hulled again, does anyone know of a vet in or around the Daytona area who does this?

Thanks, and Jazz thanks you.

Good to see you back on GT, even if it IS for corn hulling :lol Of course, I'm no help...

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest PhillyPups

call Chris Miller of Daytona GPA and ask her for references to vets. She is awesome and if you get bored, she can always use help with volunteers for the hounds.

Greyhound Pets of America/Daytona

2201 W. International Speedway Blvd.

Daytona Beach FL 32114

Phone: 386-239-3647

Email: gpadaytona@cfl.rr.com

if you need more help, pm me and I will give you more phone numbers, just do not want to post private phone numbers on a message board. :)

Daytona GPA is an awesome group to work with, it is where I got my start. I am jealous!!

I've been telling Den to go over there and volunteer :P

She uses Ravenwood for her spay/neuters, but I don't know if they do corn hulling.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest 4Irishgreys

Go to Grassmere Animal Hospital, Nashville website. They have a entire section on greyhounds including corns. They have pictures & instructions how a corn should be hulled. When I needed to have a corn hulled from my Dylan I made a copy & brought it to my vet since they never did it before. They had no problem taking his corn off.

Shirley

Guest Greytdads

Yes I have been in touch with Chris, and Oni needs her annual so i guess we will bring info on how to hull. Dennis is worried about having someone that never did it before do it. Thanks for the Nashvill site info.

I can understand not wanting to go to someone who hasn't done it before. But I finally reasoned that these are medical professionals and understand anatomy and should be able to get the process through the instructions on the web and chatting with other vets who have done it. And hey, they gotta start somewhere. Inu was the first official hulling that my regular vet did. He wanted some time to review the procedure and talk to Dr. Kellogg before he did it. But once he had gone over the procedure he was confident and took care of things.

Point of that long winded response is go ahead and bring in the instructions and see if the new vet is willing to learn it, but don't expect them to do it that day either.

Good luck!

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Well, I dunno. I faxed the info ahead of time to one vet and when I came in the next day, she had at it and didn't even charge me ("No, charge - I learned something new"), so you never know :)