Bodie Received A Good Report From The Vet

Guest Bodie

Guest SquanHound

Have you tried canned food for Bodie? Maybe the soaked kibble still scratches his throat going down :dunno If you don't want to do canned food maybe toss his food in a food processor with some water or stock and blend until it is smooth. Poor baby!

How soft is kibble when you give it to him? I know with some brands if you let it sit long enough it expands and falls a part really easly.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

How soft is kibble when you give it to him? I know with some brands if you let it sit long enough it expands and falls a part really easly.

I let the kibble soak over a half hour this morning and it was really mushy. Tonight I think I'll put it in the food processor and see if I can make kibble soup. The thought is rather unappetizing to me - :sick - but if he likes it, and can eat it without screaming, it will be worth it.

Guest Winterwish

Sending hugs to both of you thru' the ether Rhonda. Bodie,I hope your throat or whichever is causing this discomfort goes away very,very soon. :hope:hope:grouphug:bighug:grouphug

Sending prayers and gentle ear scritches for Bodie. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Tonight I soaked the kibble in hot chicken broth for about 45 minutes while we ate dinner. Then I mixed it with the mixer that I already had out from making mashed potatoes for the human's dinner. I added more hot water and turned it into mush. Honestly, this is tough because once it is mixed up it looks like something a dog loses when he has an upset tummy! Those that were helping with after dinner clean-up were thoroughly grossed out! But Bodie got it down OK with only one small yipe - and I think that might have been more for effect - in fact I think I can say he loved it! Tomorrow I'll try mixing it with the food processor, but couldn't see dirtying that tonight when I already had the mixer out.

We see the vet on Friday about stitches, so if he's still having trouble eating by then I will ask the vet about carafate.

Guest SquanHound
:yay I'm glad to hear that dinner was essentially scream-free. Fingers crossed that breakfast will be the same! Edited by SquanHound

Guest PiagetsMom

Good job, Mom! :thumbs-up Sounds like you're on the right track and hoping that meals continue to go well for Bodie. Sending more healing thoughts Brodie's way and :grouphug to you - A+ for effort!

Guest LolasMom
Good job, Mom! :thumbs-up Sounds like you're on the right track and hoping that meals continue to go well for Bodie. Sending more healing thoughts Brodie's way and :grouphug to you - A+ for effort!

Amen!