Caesar

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

Caesar. He was my husband's first greyhound...a triple bounce - once because the family was moving, once for aggression and once because he "needs constant companionship." He was the proverbial Big Black Cat Zapping Male. And we were head over heels in love with him.

Before I ever met him in person, DH warned me that Caesar was a grumpy, growly, snappy old fart. He was every bit of that and more. But, what I quickly learned is that beneath that gruff exterior was a solid gold heart. All he really wanted was to be loved and accepted for who he was. He wasn't silly or goofy or velcroy or a social butterfly. He wasn't hyper or demanding or obedient. He was a grumpy, growly, snappy old fart. And he was dignified and reserved and regal. And we loved him for exactly who and what he was. Once he knew that we didn't want or expect him to be anything other than what he was, he shared with us that heart of gold. Moments of snuggling. Naps in the afternoon with the appropriate amount of space between us and him...the occasional spoon when his mood was right. All of those moments especially precious because I knew that only those in his inner circle...those who he really trusted would he share these things with. What an incredible honor.

He was our rock. Having lived with every greyhound that has touched our lives...those still here and those gone to the Bridge...he was our past and our present. Our lives apart and our lives together.

He bravely battled pannus and lumbosacral stenosis. Earlier this year he came back from hepatitis. Ultimately, we saw our boy in pain. Pain that could no longer be controlled. So, with sad hearts, we gave him the kindest gift we could give him. He went to the Bridge with the same dignity with which he lived his life. And surrounded in our loving arms, under the care of a vet who had worked so hard for him, we all said goodbye to our beloved Caesar.

These days haven't been the same without my grumpy, growly, snappy old fart lumbering around the house. Timing his exit from the bedroom at exactly the moment when we would be wrapping up dinner and there may be scraps to be had. It's amazing how a house with 14 dogs in it can seem empty. But it does.

:candle:cry1

Caesar...(pronouned "Kaiser")

Greyhound_As_Taipan-_2big.jpg

caesar_roach.jpg

Edited by KennelMom

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. :grouphug Angel Caesar sounds so very special...and I know that every moment you had together was special. He is just a heartbeat away. :grouphug:f_red:gh_face:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Beautiful tribute to a special hound...

Rest Well Caesar...

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I'm very sorry.

He was a beautiful boy.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm sorry, Heather. He sounded like a wonderful, old soul. He was blessed to be a member of your pack.

Farewell, Caesar.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

What a beautiful grumpy, growly, snappy old fart. I'm so sorry for your loss, not only of Caesar but of the history he bridged. Run free Caesar (but only if you want to!). :f_red

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest LolasMom

Thank you for the wonderful tribute and pictures of your very special boy. For me it was an introduction to Caesar. It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my lips :wub:

Godspeed Caesar :f_red:gh_run2:f_red

Guest how888

Oh Heather and Ken, I am so very sorry. Words can not express how I felt when I saw this today. He was just so stunning and just know he is a rainbow away. Godspeed Caesar, know you left paw prints on everyone who came in contact with you. Just know we are all thinking of you both today with so much heartfelt sadness.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Please pass my condolences to Ken as well :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Caesar sounds like he was quite a character. Farewell grumpy, growly, snappy old fart. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :f_red

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

Guest jade1046

My sincere condolences . . . it must be so hard to lose the first one. What a beautiful, stunning boy he was. Run free and be as grumpy as you want, Caesar - you've earned it! :f_white