In Memory Of Millie

MilliesMom

Gone: 5 years.

Forgotten: never.

I still cannot write about her without crying. My dear, precious heartdog.

Remembrances of the screaming and pain she had the night before she peacefully crossed over have been replaced by smiles and warm memories of how she'd parade her bones around the house a half-dozen times before burying them in the yard or in the couch. (Tell her how wonderful her bone was, and she'd go around even more!) Or how my then-young son awakened hubby and I during his slumber party at one in the morning by demonstrating for his guests how he could make Millie howl. Or how the first night we brought her home, she howled until I slept with her on the couch, and she kept moving up next to me to put her arm around me.

She lived a long life, 10 days before her 15th birthday. We were blessed to have her for 13 1/2 of those years. I just pray that when it's my turn to go, she'll be waiting for me.

What a blessing she was in your life. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest how888

She is just a rainbow away til we all meet again one day. I am so sorry for your loss, may all your great memories comfort you, forever in your heart.

She'll be waiting for you, waiting to tell you all the wonderful things that happened in her life with you from her own sweet point of view.

Rest well, unforgettable girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.