Good Bye Mae Mae

Guest EaglesMom

Guest EaglesMom

Mae Mae my very first foster crossed the bridge this week. She was a retired brood and at 10 years old (when I fostered her about three years ago), she was a spunky, take no crap kind of gal. She loved her Dairy Queen and because she was missing so many teeth, more ice cream ran down the sides of her mouth than actually went in, but she enjoyed it anyway. She loved to go for car rides and barked her raspy smokers bark the whole entire time. Her life off of the brood farm was one of great discovery and she did not want to miss a thing.

I remember one time, she was destroying one of Eagle's favorite toys, I took it away from her and handed her a different toy which she promptly spit out, she followed me into the bedrrom (where I going to hid Eagle's favorite toy) and proceeded to bark her fool head off at me. When I would not give her the toy back, she gave me the stink eye, grabbed a mouthful of silk flowers out of vase on the floor, spit them out, gave me a last growly bark, and sulked off to a bed.

She will never, ever be forgotten and I know her family will miss her forever.

Run free Mae Mae, I love you!

Mae at my house

neenerneenerneener.jpg

Mae when she was still at the Brood Farm

Maeann2.jpg

Edited by EaglesMom

Maeann2.jpg

Mae Mae's photo for you. G-d speed pretty girl.

I see you got it to post. Then let everyone see her twice.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest EaglesMom

OH she was! I learned real quick, Mae and gates did not get along, if she wanted something on the either side, she promptly plowed through it!!!! Which got her the nickname "MaeMoose".

My deepest sympathy. :grouphug Run free sweet Angel Mae Mae. :f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. sounds like she left lots of memories behind.

:f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry. My condolences to all those who loved Mae Mae.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest tigger

Simply put...Mae Mae was the best!!! She didn't just have a bark...rather a very deep, raspy WOOOOOOF!!! That nearly knocked her off her feet to say it. She totally enjoyed car rides and for the first 20 minutes she would go from window to window with a big smile on her face, tail wagging and WOOF, WOOF, WOOF was all you heard and it made you laugh to see her enjoy herself so much :)

She had the best mom and dad who absolutely loved her! As she got older, but would still want to go on walks with her mom and dad and her brother Expo....Mae would make it about half way and her dad would carry her back home. She was just that type that didn't give up or get down easily. Amy and Chris...hugs to both of you for letting us all be a part of Mae Mae's adventures and for sharing her happiness....Mae Mae we love you!

Edited by tigger

Guest PhillyPups

Run with the angels sweet Mae Mae and keep em all in line.

Can't beat the feisty broods to keep a household in line and laughing all the time. :bighug to all the lives you touched.

She sounds like such a special girl. My sympathies on the passing of this grand old dame.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Thanks for sharing her with us--I'm in stitches at this wonderful mental image of Mae Mae spitting out fake flowers and then making her exit, stage left! I wonder if the Bridge is ready for what's now on their doorstep?

Run free pretty one and enjoy all the rides you want.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

awwww, that pic of her with her face poking out through the hole in her cage has brought tears to my eyes

run free miss mae :gh_run:beatheart

Becky bless you for all the good work you are tdoing to get the old ones off the farms

Guest EaglesMom

Tigger, you are so right. Mae's Mom and Dad loved her and all of her antics. I think she was a Daddy's girl as Chris would pick her up and put her in bed with him, she would growl at Amy when she tried to join them. When I took her to their house to do the adoption, she walked over to one of their end tables, saw the tabletop water/rock fountain and got herself a drink from it. Of course, with no teeth, she slopped water all over the place. She had the funniest expression on her face, it was like she was thinking, "this place rocks, I don't even have to bend my head at all to get a drink, I got my very own water fountain".

There will never be another Mae, she touched us all and she picked her humans well, she had the best forever home.