Dental Question

Guest GenetJen

Guest GenetJen

I'm planning on scheduling dentals for my greys soon and was wondering if anyone knows much about the ultrasonic method? It was mentioned to me by another pet owner and now I'm wondering if it's better or if it really matters...?? I don't think that ultrasonic is used much in my area.... Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

My dental hygienist uses an ultrasonic cleaner on me (as well as conventional scaling). I think it can get deeper in the pockets. I don't know if they're using the same thing on the dogs. Human version is called a Cavitron.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest GenetJen
I can't imagine your vet not having a cavitron(?) Have you asked?

Yes. I've not only asked my vet, but other vets in the area. Everyone I've talked to says they manually scale.

You must really be in the sticks :lol Do the vets in your are treat a lot of greyhounds? Before greyhounds, none of my dogs needed or got a dental <sigh> and I scaled them.

Unless you have severe disease going on, it should be ok. How far would you have to travel to find a vet that is up to date?

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits