Bodie Had A Serious Setback Today

Guest Bodie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I just got a call from the vet. Bodie came through the surgery and the area is repaired. The vet cut out the dead skin, put in some special sutures so the skin wouldn't be over-stretched and put a drain in the site. Bodie is awake and doing fine and he is being kept overnight for observation to make sure he doesn't develop a fever. If all goes well, he can come home tomorrow - and start the process of healing all over again.

The biggest worry now will be to keep him away from the site of the wound. The vet is going to try a neck brace to see if that will work and not affect his walking. An Elizabethan collar is too big for the crate.

It was so hard today - to leave my boy yet again. I pray he doesn't develop a fever and can come home tomorrow.

Oh dear... your boy has been through such a rough time. :grouphug Hopefully today's surgery will get him back on the road to recovery, with no more road bumps! Sending lots more prayers and light to all. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending more prayers and some gentle scritchies. And hugs for momma.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Sorry about the setback, he will pull through fine. We always take things much tougher than they do. Praying for Bodie and hugs to you, I know how devastating it is.

Guest Winterwish

Oh gees Rhonda I'm sorry poor Bodie had such a setback. :grouphug There's a collalr that might be helpful called a 'Bite-Not' collar. The neck brace sounds similar actually and may just do the trick.

bite not collar

Bodie I hope you're feeling better very soon sweetheart. :kiss2:hope:hope

Edited by Winterwish

I'm so sorry to hear about Bodie's setback. :sad1

:candle:hope Sending lots of healing thoughts from Oz!!! :hope:candle

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest greytmonty

I am so sorry Bodie is going through this latest setback. I hope the surgery will help him in the healing process.

You are in our thoughts.

Does your adoption group have bigger crates (such as the ones used at the track)? If so perhaps they could lend you one for now so that he can be in it comfortably with the collar if he needs it.