Leo Has Pannus :(

Guest rosebudd

Guest rosebudd

Leo was diagnosed with pannus today :unsure so we have his meds and started them today. I have done my research so I know that it is controllable I am just sad for him thats all :weep

Guest meakah

I hear ya...I joined that bandwagon a year ago....I was scared for Koda at first but soon learned there are TONS of GT'ers in the same boat. Very manageable and could be much much worse. Buy some sexy doggles and admin the eye drops and all will be sweet! :P

Guest carolyn

my greyhound was just diagnosed with pannus about a month ago, and yesterday the vet opthamalogist cut her eye drop dosage in half. she's doing really well and tolerating the eye drops much better. try not to work yourself up over this. as far as chronic health problems go, pannus is an easy one to treat. it'll be ok and your pup will continue as he has before.

Guest rosebudd
I hear ya...I joined that bandwagon a year ago....I was scared for Koda at first but soon learned there are TONS of GT'ers in the same boat. Very manageable and could be much much worse. Buy some sexy doggles and admin the eye drops and all will be sweet! :P

I did buy him some doggles hehe but he tries to get them off :blink: I am constantly rearranging them on his face

Pannus is usually easily controlled. One of the better diagnoses. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Sounds like he needs extra ear scritches! Can you give a quick description of pannus for those of us not in the know?

Tara

Sirocco was diagnosed with pannus 3 years ago. Eye drops twice a day is just part of our normal routine. It is certainly a lot easier to deal with than trimming those darn black nails.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest MySkye

Hi!

Sorry about your Leo, but like the forum states, this one is not so bad. My Onnie (black girl) has pannus and she is completely fine! Her meds were cut from 3 times a day and now down to 1 time a day.

So bring your pannus boy over some day and we can make them something special!

I know we don't want anything to be wrong with our pets, but I would take pannus over a WHOLE LOT of other things to deal with!

Kiss that doggie for me!

Guest rosebudd
Hi!

Sorry about your Leo, but like the forum states, this one is not so bad. My Onnie (black girl) has pannus and she is completely fine! Her meds were cut from 3 times a day and now down to 1 time a day.

So bring your pannus boy over some day and we can make them something special!

I know we don't want anything to be wrong with our pets, but I would take pannus over a WHOLE LOT of other things to deal with!

Kiss that doggie for me!

We need to make a play day claire is a spunky little thing and I think she wants to run and play but Leo wont play with her :blink:

Guest Snowy8

We should start our own thread about Pannus Pups.

The funny thing is, tell someone who doesn't have dogs...they'll say WHAT? Pannus, Pannus...they think you're saying the other "P" word.

Gabby has it...she's off the drops now....but I keep a close watch.

Guest crazy4greys
Leo was diagnosed with pannus today :unsure so we have his meds and started them today. I have done my research so I know that it is controllable I am just sad for him thats all :weep

I heard you stopped by my vet for a visit. I am sorry to hear he does have Pannus, but it isn't that bad when you catch it early. My girl Skylar has it too and she gets 1 drop in each eye 2x a day. Hugs to Leo!

Guest rosebudd

I heard you stopped by my vet for a visit. I am sorry to hear he does have Pannus, but it isn't that bad when you catch it early. My girl Skylar has it too and she gets 1 drop in each eye 2x a day. Hugs to Leo!

I did and thanks he was great and girl he is cute too :blink: lol He did not mind the fact that my two girls were killing each other in his office. :lol

Guest crazy4greys

I did and thanks he was great and girl he is cute too :blink: lol He did not mind the fact that my two girls were killing each other in his office. :lol

Yup he is. He has 4 kids, so he is used to it! :lol