Hello

Guest screamingswifts

Guest screamingswifts

Hi :colgate

I've just joined this forum so thought I would introduce myself. I live just north of Aberdeen (NE Scotland) with Fargo - my 16 month cocker spaniel and 3 cats (Indy the Siamese, Betsy the Bengal x Burmese, and Baghee - a huge big black moggie) and not forgetting my partner!

I've had Frida - a 'failed' racer for about 3 weeks now and she is setlling in pretty well - looking forward to learning lots from this site as she is my first grey. She is an absolute sweetie and has stolen my heart already :colgate

Here's some pics - hope this isn't too many - had to include fargo as well so he doesn't feel left out !

frida1.jpg

frida2.jpg

frida3.jpg

frida4.jpg

frida5.jpg

frida6.jpg

frida7.jpg

frida8.jpg

welcome from southern california! i love the white hounds!

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

:welcome Hi and welcome! Frida is beautiful and Fargo sure looks like a cutie!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Jordan7

Hi!!!

I was just browsing through the forum and happened to nitice you're from Aberdeen too. I recently adopted a greyhound as well. Trevor - we've had him about 2 months and are loving every minute of it. He's a big softie!

So where did you get yours from? She's adorable - great pictures!

Are you from Aberdeen itself?

Jordan

Guest screamingswifts

Thanks for the all the welcomes :colgate

She is a real softy and loves the sofa, literally have to drag her off it at the end of the evening :rolleyes:

Jordan - Hi, I live about 10mins north of Ellon and got Frida from GAGAH, they've been very helpful with advice. We had to wait several months for a cat-safe grey, but she is definatly worth it :wub: . I've only lived up here for just over a year, but it's a great area for dogs. Are you in Aberdeen ?

Guest ellieb

Welcome from Fairfield, Ohio, USA!

Frida is beautiful! Fargo is a cutie, too!

I share my home with my 62 yr. old mum, DH (dear hubbie), DD13 (13 yr old daughter), 2 hounds (Maximilian & Indigo), 3 cats (Raven: Norwegian Forest x ??, Willie: Maine Coon x ??, & Leon: Turkish Angora x ??), a 30g freshwater aquarium (guppies, catfish & rasboras) and 2 bettas. Whew! That is my zoo.

You will love this site. I have learned SO much...and not just about greyhounds!

Enjoy!

Ellie

Edited by ellieb

Guest Jordan7

Hi, Glad you're getting on well with her. Yes we're in Aberdeen - just near Duthie Park - there's a few greyhounds in the same area which is good.

We got Trev from Shawfield RGT as unfortunately GAGAH declined us after the home visit etc - It wasn't a good time for us because we'd got our hopes up so much and were really looking forward to adopting one. Apparently we were too young?? (I'm 21 and my partner is 26!) ... Anyway, we've put that behind us and are glad we went to Shawfield as they were lovely.

We're getting on great with Trev and he's made himself completely at home! We couldn't have wished for a better dog for us.

Jordan