Pannus Up-date

Guest carolyn

Guest carolyn

We took Waggin back to the opthamologist today for a recheck (she was diagnosed w/ pannus about a month ago) and the vet said he saw a big improvement. He reduced her medicine to one eye drop a day and we don't need to take her in for another vet visit until next August.

Thank you all for the support & advice. We all really appreciated it!

I'm so happy to hear that - now you can be one of us... the next time someone posts all upset that their dog has pannus, you can tell them that it's just no big deal <g>. Give them their drops and keep your appointments - and life goes on as if nothing is wrong.

Guest whatahound
Can we go through which drops are being given? Alan is on tacrolimus(sp?) and prednisolone.

Acer is on the same two meds, and doing fine.

Guest HHDesigns

Slydell is on the prednisolone only and it has worked very well. Doing her drops every other day, but may be able to taper down from that. I'm taking her for a recheck in a few weeks.

Guest tampagreymom

My Jade was diagnosed in March and started on Prednisolone and Cyclosporin drops twice a day. The dosage was decreased over several weeks and she was rechecked in June and it was determined the Pannus was well controlled so now she gets one drop of each on alternating days and will be rechecked in December. She did have some redness around her eyes at first but it cleared up eventually. I was intimidated initially when I heard the diagnosis but also came to find out there are many GT'ers on here with Pannus babies and it is not so bad.

Guest tampagreymom
Gabby was diagnosed about a year ago...she did the drops for about 6 months & now is fine.

I thought with Pannus, the drops must be given the rest of their life to prevent the progression of the disease?

Guest whatahound
Gabby was diagnosed about a year ago...she did the drops for about 6 months & now is fine.

I thought with Pannus, the drops must be given the rest of their life to prevent the progression of the disease?

That's how I understand it too....