Scooter Has A Suspicious Bump On The Rim Of His Eye

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are so greyt.... *sniff* now I am really weepy :cry1:blush

I dropped Scooter off this morning. Boy was he excited to be going out with momma so early on a Monday morning. :( I talked to Carol when I dropped him off and she reassured me (to no avail, I am still a basketcase :ph34r) that everything would be alright. She is doing his surgery first this morning, as a matter of fact he should be under right now. I'll be getting an update around noon.

*sigh*

I'm trying not to freak out. :ph34r

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Sending hugs and white light to the Scooterman!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

***Update Scooter is out of surgery***

The good news:

He made it through the procedure with no problems and my vet was able to remove the effected area without any damage to the surronding area of the eye (i.e. tear duct, etc). He's awake and standing up (yes, I know, hard to believe :lol) and seems to be feeling fine. :wub:

The not so good news:

The bump was solid and black all the way through. I sensed great concern in my vets voice. Of course it still could come back benign which, I pray desperately that it does :hope, but it will be at least the end of the week before we know anything. It's going to be a long week. :(

I'm scared. :cry1

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

***Update Scooter is out of surgery***

The good news:

He made it through the procedure with no problems and my vet was able to remove the effected area without any damage to the surronding area of the eye (i.e. tear duct, etc). He's awake and standing up (yes, I know, hard to believe :lol ) and seems to be feeling fine. :wub:

The not so good news:

The bump was solid and black all the way through. I sensed great concern in my vets voice. Of course it still could come back benign which, I pray desperately that it does :hope , but it will be at least the end of the week before we know anything. It's going to be a long week. :(

I'm scared. :cry1

I hear ya! Keep in mind, you found it early. Even if it is malignant, when there are clean margins, there is very little chance of return with this type of tumor. We are keeping Scooter in good, positive thoughts and prayers.

From your pal, John E, who has been there too.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest SquanHound

I am so glad to hear that he made it through surgery ok. The waiting is one of the toughest parts. When we had Ping's bump removed from his lip I think I lost about 10 years of my life with all the worrying. As houndtime said - if you get good clean margins there should be little to worry about. Fingers crossed that you get back a good path. report.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Impossible to do, but don't worry until you know what you're worrying about :grouphug

We'll be sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for you and Scootie :hope :hope

I'm glad he came out of surgery well :grouphug

Can't wait to hear that the Scooterman is back home. Sending prayers for a benign report. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.