Scooter Has A Suspicious Bump On The Rim Of His Eye

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the little bump is nothing serious...however, I would be careful with the vets touching it...maybe you could

wait a few days. Sometimes these things go away on their own...

Luck for Scooter!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest JohnnyBell

Prayers for Scooter :hope .Hopefully it's nothing,my Johnny had a growth on his head it got around the size of a small pea.The vet just told me to keep an eye on it.After @ a month or so it started to shrink,it's gone now.It seemed like it took forever.I still haven't a clue what it was.

:goodluck for Scooter. It's too bad you have to wait.

Minnie has a little bump on the rim of her lower lid. It's a cyst, and has drained/fallen off and refilled a couple of times over the past several years. When we first talked about it, the vet said it could be removed if she was under for something else, but fortunately she hasn't been.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest argolola

Lola's recent surgery was for a BENIGN tumor/cyst on the eyelid. I understand from the opthamology vet that they are very common. Prayers for your Scooter boy that it is something simple.

Dylan had something similar removed in Feb. 2006. He was fine. He did have an issue with a stitch rubbing the eye after like a week. He had to wear a collar and the stitches were removed a day or two early. He healed up very well from the surgery and it turned out to be benign.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

sending healing prayers for Scooter!!! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Checking on Scooter...... :goodluck

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Hmm ... Jenn was taking him after work and she left about three hours ago. Maybe the traffic was bad. <_<

*Taps fingers*

:lol Yes, traffic was bad. And unfortunately so was the situation I was left with upon leaving my vet. :(

My vet (whom I love dearly and trust 100%- she even fostered Scooter when he retired :wub:) says that she is pretty darn sure that it's melanoma. Mainly because after looking at the area with her super bright light, she can see the discoloration (blackness) spreading out from the bump itself. NOT a good sign. :(

Scooter is scheduled to go under Monday morning to have the bump and as much of the effected area removed. The area is very close to the corner of his eye and is on the upper lid so damage to the upper tear duct could occur basically leaving him to be "teary" in that eye. This also means that his face around the eye will have scarring. My beautiful Scooterman :cry1

Scooter002297rs.jpg

Of course this does not matter and he will be even more beautiful to me :wub: But it still hurts, I hate to think of him having to go through this at all. :(

After the surgery the samples will be sent off and I should know something by next Thursday. If it's benign then we are going to have a huge party! If it's malignant....well....you'll have to sedate me becuse I will be .....ugh....lets not even go there. :ph34r

And the natural fears of Scooter having to go under are in mind, as they are for everyone here on this board that has to go through these health scares with their hound. Needless to say I will be a *&%#^&* mess Monday....if not sooner :cry1

Please keep good Scooter in your thoughts....I'm really worried for him. :(

Dylan had something similar removed in Feb. 2006. He was fine. He did have an issue with a stitch rubbing the eye after like a week. He had to wear a collar and the stitches were removed a day or two early. He healed up very well from the surgery and it turned out to be benign.

Oh Wendy, I pray that I am able to say the same about Scooter next week. :hope

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Dr. Newman used a laser to seal John E surgery's so there is very little scaring. We will keep Scooter in our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery with complete healing.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Jen-tons and tons of white light, prayers, good mojo........whatever it takes.............coming your and Scooters way!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.