I Have To Share This

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

I just haven't been up to doing a memorial post for Whistler (age nearly 13, crossed on June 2 after almost 7 years with us), but over the weekend something happened that I had to share with the Greytalk family.

In addition to Greytalk, I belong to a needlework bulletin board, for stitchers/embroiderers/needleworkers. I don't talk about my dogs very often over there, but they all knew when Whistler died.

Friday afternoon I stepped outside to get the mail, and I found this:

270964039.jpg

One of the amazing women on that needlework board stitched and framed that gorgeous portrait of Whistler--a dog she'd never met. She stitched it in secret; it was a complete and total surprise that utterly floored me. I spent all Friday just sobbing... but, finally, in a good way. :)

I've been on the other side of stitched gifts before... but this is the first time that anyone's ever given *me* something they've worked on for months--and I finally understand the "tears and trembling" reaction--you're just so utterly overwhelmed that someone would put all that work and love... into *you*. DH, who is new to the world of internet bulletin boards, was even more blown away.

What makes this even more amazing is that I don't really know this woman all that well (although she's someone I've considered an "online friend.") We've never met, never spoken, only exchanged the occasional card... and kept tabs on each other through our posts online. And yet she ended up being so moved by Whistler's passing that she would do something like this. Incredible.

The stitching is positively gorgeous, and the jaw-dropping framing job must have cost a fortune (at 14" square, it's *not* a small piece)... but the thing that really gets me is that somebody else was thinking about Whistler these last few weeks. And to me, that's a really huge thing.

DH found the perfect place to hang it--in the hallway leading to our foyer, right above "Whistler's spot." We always had to step over him to get from the living room to the bedroom or the laundry room... and now we'll still pass him every time we go by.

Guest tricolorhounds

Oh My! That is absolutely beautiful... What an amazing gift.

I can't tell from the picture... Is that cross stitch?

What an awesome tribute to your boy...

Edited by tricolorhounds

Beautiful - artwork and thought.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

What a beautiful gift from the heart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What makes this even more amazing is that I don't really know this woman all that well (although she's someone I've considered an "online friend.") We've never met, never spoken, only exchanged the occasional card... and kept tabs on each other through our posts online. And yet she ended up being so moved by Whistler's passing that she would do something like this. Incredible.

The stitching is positively gorgeous, and the jaw-dropping framing job must have cost a fortune (at 14" square, it's *not* a small piece)... but the thing that really gets me is that somebody else was thinking about Whistler these last few weeks. And to me, that's a really huge thing.

Wow!!! What an amazing work of art, and what an amazing gift. Got a bit of eye leakage going here...

Isn't it incredible what a random act of kindness can do to lift a person's spirit? The world would be a much better place if we could all follow that example.

My deepest sympathy to you for the loss of your Whistler---what a gorgeous boy he was!!!! :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

That is an incredible piece of art. How wonderful that his influence touched the maker so.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That is stunning! I'm sure it's something you will treasure forever. How wonderful of your friend to make it for you.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

OMG. What an amazing piece of art... and so personal. :heart I'm sure Whistler is griinning ear to ear. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest JMinAugustaGA

I used to cross stitch, but that was "before greyhounds." Those stitches are straight from the :heart. It is simply gorgeous... I know you will treasure it forever.

Wow!!!!! That is a AWESOME gift and so very nice and thoughtful! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Stephanie that is so beautiful, what a lovely tribute to Whistler. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg