Sonesta Stepped In Gum......help!

Guest Sonestasmommy

Guest Sonestasmommy

Sunday morning I noticed her limping...(before our morning walk)...

Upon closer inspection...I found hardened gum...covering the pads of her feet...and oh woe is me...trapped in between her little toes...trapped in the hair...

I soaked her foot in hot water...soapy water...vegatable oil...and after working on it for most of Sunday...managed to get most but not all out from between her toes...some remains as well adhered to the pads of her feet...so much so that I feel if I pull it it may take some skin with it...I guess that will wear off eventually from walking...

Any suggestions???

I read Peanut butter sometimes help loose it. Or try try wrapping her foot in a wet sock & let it soak for an hour & see if it's any softer. You might have to trim the hair between the toes too.

Keep after it with the vegetable oil.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Paul did the same thing this weekend. I used a tiny scissor to cut some of it away.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds