Very Bad Night For Oscar

Oscar has deteriorated very quickly and there's no E-vet for me to use. The one we do have here is good for broken bones, etc, but doesn't have a good reputation for anything else.

I've been giving Oscar the max in pain meds but his breathing is very rapid and rough. He could barely do the stairs when he wanted to go pee at 1:30 this morning. He couldn't go back up them after so I went to get my pillow to sleep downstairs but he forced himself to go up slowly.

My DH, Mr, not-on-the-furniture-especially-on-the-bed told me to put Oscar's quilt on our bed so that he could come up and that he (DH) would go sleep on the couch. It took a while before Oscar did get up on the bed.

When this all started at the beginning of the summer, we were told it was either a nerve root compression or a nerve sheath tumour.

My 15-year-old is away working at camp and only comes home on Tuesday. Oscar was improving when he left two weeks ago.

Please think of my Oscar man. My heart is breaking right now and I'm so afraid of what the vet will say when we get there.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Oh no... :( Sending my heartfelt prayers for Oscar's comfort and finding a course of treatment that's effective for him. :hope It's so heartbreaking when our babies hurt... :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest shirley

Oh Marijke I feel for you. I hope that he can ease Oscars pain.Please let us know as soon as you are able. Give that sweetie a big gentle kiss from me :(

:(

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Prayers for Oscar and for your family too. I wish that I could help.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Prayers for Oscy on the way :kiss2

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.