Dg Fix (aka Jilli Girl)

Gr8NCGreys

I dont post much here, but there are a few left on here who still know me. So I will share what I posted on my groups message board.

12/13/95 - 08/11/07

My sweet girl went to the bridge last night. It was not as I wanted it to be, planned with a night out for Chick-fil-a and ice cream. But Russell and I were there with her until she took her last breath. She and I looked into each other eyes until she was gone.

Jilli my friend, my protector, my heart and my strength I will miss you. You knew that I would have to be smacked in the head and given no other choice in order to make the final decision and that is the way it was.

From our first meeting to the last good bye you had it your way. From smacking me literally in the forehead to tell me I was yours to the horrible events of today you were in control. You were my independent fiesty girl.

You and I were soulmates, we had a connection like no other. I am sorry I could not fix this. It was my job to make sure you were taken care of and did not suffer. I did everything I could baby girl and I love you. My heart is broken but I know you are healthy and whole again at the bridge with your brothers and sisters and many others that have gone before.

You will be in my heart forever. Watch over all of us. Keep your brothers safe and in line.

Here are a few pictures of my baby girl from the beginning through the end.

Gotcha Day (seems like only yesterday)

jillian_gate.jpg

With her boy (doesnt Russ look young)

zzzzzzzz-2_kids.jpg

standing_pretty.jpg

Momma I'm pretty

DSC01387.jpg

Look at me go

100_0012.jpg

My fav of her :wub:

Jilli-eyes.jpg

Did you say Cookie?

100_4040.jpg

From yesterday before we made the final trip

Resting

100_4654.jpg

Take care baby girl Mom loves you!

100_4658.jpg

Take care my sweet sister girl, I love you!

100_4659.jpg

Until we meet again my sweet baby girl. My heart is yours. 50 years would not have been long enough.

Someone I never met read my post on another message board and wrote this poem based on this post. It says everything I feel.

Greyt Life

From the day that we met

You had my heart

With us always

From the very start

Unconditional

Your love is

And forever it will be

For both of us to give

Though your time was short

And not long enough

I wouldn’t trade it for the world

Or ever give it up

You brought warmth in the world

And you didn’t even know

The greytness of your life

And greytness you’d show

For your life was so special

And the memorys will last

You’ll never be forgotten

You’ll never be past

Thanks for the time

Together we’ll be

Our hearts are one

And it always will be

Karl Walker/Digger/Dash

Edited by Gr8NCGreys

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending warmest hugs to you and Jilli's brothers and her boy -- who isn't so much a boy anymore, is he? She got to see him grow up ....

Godspeed, lovely and beloved girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My heart aches for the loss of your precious Jilli. :grouphug No doubt she was met at the Bridge by all of our beloved angels as well as her brothers, and is once again whole and healthy, running like the wind. May she live on in your heart forever. :gh_lay

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Jilli's memories will be treasured forever. Run free sweet girl. You are loved. I am so sorry for your loss.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Leah my heart is aching for you and Russ. Jilli has a big "family" who will miss her very much.

Godspeed Pretty Jillian! :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Hoping you soon find peace and comfort in your memories of Jilli Girl.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough. You are right. 50 years still wouldn't have been enough time.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest argolola

I am sobbing as I look at the pictures of your precious angel. You and your family must be heartbroken. You will be in my prayers.

Please take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life, full of lots of love. You're right, it's never long enough.

Go with God, beautiful Jilli.

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl.

I am so sorry for your loss. Jilli is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for her.

Hugs,

Carla

:f_pink I am so sorry.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png