Best Flea Treatment

Guest greyhounder

Guest greyhounder

We don't treat for fleas here in AZ.. They're not really aroud and we have no grass.. but tonight I saw two flea-looking (I don't really know what they look like) bugs on my girl.. One crawling on her fur and the other on her paw.. I checked her all over and saw no other bugs.. She's a super light fawn so I imagine they would show.. Just now she was on my bed with me and I saw another one, but brown, on the blanket next to her.. again I checked with no other sightings. I checked all my hounds and my super white cat with no other ones..

What's the best thing to do to kill every flea that may be in my house.. so they won't come back.. I'm clueless when it comes to fleas..

Vacuum, wash all bedding, vacuum, and vacuum again. I'd apply one dose of Frontline to each of the dogs, that will kill every flea that may be on each of them, and prevent a further hatching on the dogs (I think). Keep an eye out in case any hatch in your house....likely vacuuming and washing bedding will take care of most, if not all of them. I found two fleas on Fenway last week, did what I mentioned above, and have not seen a flea since. :) Good luck!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I remember one client who called with a flea problem - we recommended to him that he dose everyone with Capstar, which is available over the counter, at least from us. Capstar kills almost all adult fleas within 4 hours. Here is the product label for Capstar. We also recommended that he bomb his house, but I think I remember that he was well on his way to a full-blown infestation.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Guest greyhounder

Now I'm not sure it was fleas.. Last night DH found another bug on his blanket.. a very small brown one that was long like a flea.. but not a flea.. Now I'm wondering if I just need to talk to my exterminator..