A New Introduction

Guest ponyiq

Guest ponyiq

Hello,

I have done this before but since it has been a long, long time. I will refresh things

I was a very regular poster for a while, but then then two days after returning from Texas, assisting with the Gus search, my best friend died. Actually, I am very thankful for Gus, because it was a near perfect weekend. I spent from Friday to sunday afternoon in that wonderful small town, eating out, visiting places once we gave up.. and my greyhounds were there with me as well.. Anyway, my best friend died two days after returning home ( he was with us) then my mother died three weeks after that.. then my daughter was kicked in the face by a new pony and had major facial injuries, we got through that, then I broke my leg ( tib/fib) ... then i had a previous acl reconstruction get septic and have to have surgery.. and finally... my daughter had her last surgery... oh yeah and my daughter got hurt one week before katrina

O had one horse get injured in rita despite evacuating the horses..

Anyway, I have six horses now, 7 dogs, two cats and one daughter. My daughter starts school this year.. I work full time at night.. and still live in la much to my dismay

I love my dogs, my horses, work, reading, hiking, walking the dogs working the dogs and basically knowing that i have to live life today, love the people and animals around you and appreciate the good with the bad.. sometimes the best things in life are the worst things.. or at least the worst things make you realize how good even the dull and average is...

I was very prolific around here but i sort of quit doing much online..

i lost contact with everyone except a couple of gpa members to keep them updated on the dogs

since I took an older senior bounce( she was suppossed to be a foster) , a handicapped foster who is the best dog ever.. who i opted to adopt instead and finally the one I did not adopt through gpa but the wonderful people here brought in a blizzard from about as far away as possible nearly the canadian border.. he was perfect too

nicole

oh yeah i work as a medic in the medic support center for acadian ambulance

i remember you! it's good to see you here again and i'm glad things are looking up for you :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

You are right.. Out of the worst often come small miracles to make you realize what needs to be appreciated. Welcome back Nichole.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest ponyiq

Well I hope at least sort of boring but with seven dogs, two cats and six horses and one five year old.. life can only be so boring, but yes.. i have enjoyed a fairly quiet life for the last year and I am hoping that it stays this way for next twenty years.. I like to get my adrenaline rush out door having fun or at work.. not in my personal life.

THanks

nicole

Well, welcome back Nichole! I had been wondering where you disappeared too. Sounds like you've definately had your ups and downs.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee