Report On Bodie's Trip To Osu And Dr. Couto

Guest Bodie

Guest twilliams

Please let us know how Bodie is doing. Our grey (Skipper) was diagnosed yesterday with lymphoma. Any info would be appreciated.

Angel Sophia's candle is burning with a soft glow of hope and love. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Bodie will be in my thoughts and prayers! :hope

I understand what you are going thru and it's a very difficult thing to deal with but Bodie is in the absolute best care!

Check out this video of Miss Nellie running and playing on her 3 limbs Tripod runs!

I wish the video was of better quality but it was taken with my phone...

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

While this is not what we were all hoping for - a miracle, he couldn't be in a better place.

Before I started Hope for Hounds I did a lot of research about cancer studies and Univerities. OSU stood out for me because of the work they do with and for greyhounds and their families. It isn't just the cancer program, it's they way the interact and educate the families too. I was so excited when Dr Couto told me in May that they would be doing research in co-ordination with human medicine. I knew that would mean MONEY.

I am hoping and praying that Bodie will become one of our Survivors like Bosha and Queen Winnie.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Bodie is in excellent company at OSU. So many of us have been there and they have forever changed out lives.

Hugs and kisses to Bodie.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest MyCody

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. I found it very informative and encouraging. I will send prayers of strength for Bodie.

Terry

Wishing Bodie (and you!) a fast recovery, and a long, long life with his loving mom and dad!

I have several unused bottles of Artemesinin here (I just have to check the date to be sure they haven't expired). If you need them, they're yours - just send me a PM with your address!

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest PhillyPups

Many prayers from Philly for Bodie and hugs to you. Thank you for the educational report of the whole process, something I hope to never need, (Sugs was 14.5 when she was diagnosed) but good to know is there.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Glad to hear the update. Reading your update was like dejavu. It was almost one year ago that we went through the exact same thing. Even have Dr. McMahon as my boy's doctor as well. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Couto and OSU and what they are doing for our babies. The trip every two weeks for chemo is a small challenge but one that is sooooo worth it. We are making the road trip tomorrow for a check up. If you have any questions feel free to PM me if I can help at all. I will certainly keep you and your Bodie in my prayers.

Bodie absolutely could not be in better hands. Best wishes for speedy recovery (and no recurrence!) :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Bodie
He said he never had a greyhound who couldn't cope with learning to walk on 3 legs.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Bodie. He will do just fine as a tripod and he will be running, jumping and playing in no time. check these out.

and even a

Good luck to Bodie and may he have a long and healthy life.

Thank you so much for sending me these videos. The first one made me cry it was so beautiful. I hope my Bodie can run again like the dog in the video, someday. The last was particularly interesting since Dr. Couto had told us about that video. so I was hoping to be able to find it on You Tube. You saved me the trouble! And the snow was is fun - he's just too cute!

Rhonda

Bodie will be in my thoughts and prayers! :hope

I understand what you are going thru and it's a very difficult thing to deal with but Bodie is in the absolute best care!

Check out this video of Miss Nellie running and playing on her 3 limbs Tripod runs!

I wish the video was of better quality but it was taken with my phone...

Thanks so much for sending me that video - it really gives me hope!

Rhonda

Guest Bodie
Please let us know how Bodie is doing. Our grey (Skipper) was diagnosed yesterday with lymphoma. Any info would be appreciated.

My best advice to give is the best advice I received, which is to contact Dr. Couto at the Greyhound Health and Wellness Center at Ohio State University. Their email address is greyosu@osu.edu. They WILL answer your email. I don't know where you live and if it would be possible for you to travel to Ohio to see Dr. Couto, but even if you can't do that, Dr. Couto can point you in the right direction for information on lympohoma and how to get treatment for your Skipper. He is a wonderful, caring man and greyhounds are his passion.

Rhonda

Guest Bodie
I believe if you can find someone in your area to administer the chemo, Dr. Cuoto provides it at no charge.

Dr. Couto mentioned we could have the chemo done closer, if we could find someone to administer it, but we are going back to OSU since they actually mix a special chemo cocktail. They have discovered, through research, that by adding certain drugs to the chemo, they can make it more effective. However, I don't believe Dr. Couto can provide the chemo for free anymore as the study they were doing that provided that money has ended.

http://www.VeterinaryPartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=575

This link should get you started with some basic information.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

doing the 'gonna kick cancer butt gonna kick cancer butt..." chant for Bodie. Won't stop until you post he is "CURED".

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Bodie
Here is a video of a tripod following front leg amputation (actually taken at OSU).

http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/2108.htm

They really do amazingly well. As others stated, ask about Artemisinin and when/if to start it. Depending on the chemo protocol you may see vomiting, diarrhea or anorexia although these only occur in about 20% of patients receiving chemotherapy. My own greyhound did have some anorexia and diarrhea wtih chemo that we treated and got him through.

There truly is no better place for a Greyhound with cancer than Ohio State. Some owners travel all the way from Florida and even further to see Dr. Couto. He is truly the best vet I know, the most Greyhound savvy vet I know and one of the nicest people I know. There really isn't enough good things to say about him!

Thank you so much for sending me this video! Bosha's "Mom" is a member of my greyhound group, Keystone Greyhounds, and I was put in touch with her through the groups' president when Bodie first went to OSU for his staph infection. We have kept it touch ever since and she has been of enormous help and encouragement to me even though I have never met her personally. She has told me all about Bosha, as had Dr. Couto, so it was so wonderful to see a video of him.

Rhonda

I hope my Bodie can run again like the dog in the video, someday.

There is no reason why he can't and it will be much sooner than you think. Just remember dogs live only in the present. Bodie will never think " oh my god I only have three legs, whoa is me" because they don't think or live in the past. He will play the hand that's dealt him. He will never think about the future and think " I hope I never hurt one of my legs because it will be hard to walk." That thought will never cross his mind because he lives only in the present and that's the way it should be. He just wants to be like every other dog, running, jumping and playing.

Glad to see he got through the surgery and hope he has a speedy recovery.