Vpi Insurance Will Not Offer Cancer Coverage To New Members-

Guest redreeper

Guest redreeper

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with a rep from VPI as I wanted to get Wilbur insured on my plan that I have for Orville - its the Superior plan with the cancer coverage. He said they will not be offering the cancer coverage to any new enrollments since it has not been financially beneficial to them, but they will offer it to previous members who had it and request "the same coverage" for any new pets that they have. So since I have had my policy without lapse Wilbur will also have the cancer coverage.

What this means is if you have the cancer coverage and really want to keep it it is best not to let the policy lapse or you will not be able to get it again. He also said if you call and say a VPI member with the cancer coverage referred you (like me) that this early in the game he "might" be able to get it for a new subscriber, but that won't last long.

Guest trevdog

hmmm, I was just looking at it last week and it said the coverage for cancer was now rolled into the superior plan...I'm confused.....I didn't call though.

Guest redreeper

I beleive this is new (?) He said if I called cold to enroll Wilbur (new member) that extended cancer coverage is no longer offered with any plan. If you have it, you might want to call and clarify in case my rep was inaccurate :huh

Guest FullMetalFrank

I believe that the Superior plan has always offered some cancer coverage; but it seems like what is being discontinued is the double cancer coverage which you could get as a rider to your policy. I'll have to check and see what we have, I think we just had the superior plan with no extra cancer coverage, I guess now we won't be able to add it....

Guest kgildea

Thanks so much for the heads-up. I've been intending to get VPI coverage for my two pups. All the more reason to do it asap. Silly question... when I ask for the cancer coverage, who should I say referred me??