Swimming Greys

Guest formercatlady

Years ago when my bridge baby, Brandi, was paralyzed and then started to walk again the PT suggested swimming. She never got used to it and would go to the bottom of the pool if we were not holding her. So she started wearing a life vest. At that time I just thought all gh's could not swim due to the lack of their body fat.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Two of ours love being in the water. My DH has taken them in the ocean at Myrtle Beach on a long leash, and they just have so much fun. Gizzy and Lady have no problem with waves crashing over their heads and romping in the water. They even went right into a river in Gatlinburg State Park for a drink. Riley and Specky on the other hand, want nothing what so ever to have anything to do with water! So I guess it depends on the dog.

Lady

Gizzy

DSC00707.jpg

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest Angelique

Such handsome hounds! :) I love your black brindle! Gizzy and Cassy do the exact same thing, he just loves to jump in the shallow waves.