Exercise Options When You Can't Go Out?

Guest robingrey

Guest robingrey

We have heat advisory's out until 7 or 8 at night. I was wondering what you all in the same position do to get your pups some exercise. I would hate to sent him/her out in that heat to work up a lather!

Guest Che_mar_Cody

we move the dining room table to the side and play fetch with the stuffies, or I have him run and chase me around steps. Makes me fell like a little kid again too : )

We play training games and wrap up with a game of hide the treats. Works like this:

Everyone in a down-wait. I walk around in plain sight and put bit of kibble, fruit, carrots - whatever - around on the floor, window sills, chairs .... Then I say, "Okay! Go get 'em!" and they all run around like maniacs trying to find the treats! I keep 'em worked up verbally, and usually end with an additional game of tossing treats in different directions, saying, "Go get it!" They LOVE it! Mine won't play with toys like that, but food! That's different! :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Mine are usually content to lay about on hot days. In the later evening when it has cooled some, we would take a short walk.

If they are in dire need of exercise (read: Uber or Echo), then I'll play with them in the basement. They seem to be adept at a doggie form of tag or we'll play fetch with stuffies.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest SusanP

We usually just walk as much as we can at dawn and at dusk. That way, they are content to sleep during the really miserable part of the day.