Snickers Went To The Bridge This Morning

Aerosmom

I can't believe I'm writing this. I wish I could just wake up and start the day over. I took Snickers in for her fourth chemo and while waiting she collapsed with a seizure. They took her out back and came out to tell me that she couldn't breath on her own. She was completely normal and happy this morning.

I made the choice to have her put to sleep quietly with me petting her -- there was nothing we could do if she couldn't breath. The vet thinks that the cancer probably had metasized to her brain stem, but since that area is so vital, there's nothing we could do for her.

Run free little brindle monkey. You fought a brave battle and lived life to the fullest right to the end. I will post a more fitting goodbye in remembrance, but I knew that people would understand here.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Oh dear. So sorry for your loss of Snickers. I'm sure my Dennis (the menace) and his brother Zinger will welcome her.

This is terrible.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Edited by Escena

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest Tenderhearts

I am just heartbroken to read this! :cry1 What a brave little girlie she was! :angel

Many many gentle hugs to you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug