Prayers Please

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z135/He...Craigerface.jpg

Craiger has been diagnosed with high stage lymphoma. He cannot be treated with chemotherapy. He is starting on a course of Prednisone to reduce the size of the lymph glands and will be given the time left that he can enjoy. He is ours now and he will be here with us until we help him cross the rainbow bridge. A sweeter dog we have not found. We only hope that we can return to him what he has given us in the short time we've known him. There is no guarantee that any of us or any greyhound will live a long life. Craiger only turned three years old April 28. But, as he is showing us, it's not how long we stay, it's what we do while we are here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TaraCoachCougar

What an absolutely gorgeous boy! Ear scritches for those precious ears from us.

Sometimes the very special angels are needed more across the bridge than here. I think you've got one of those.

I am so sorry. They are taken so young sometimes. Our Surf was only four when we lost him to mouth cancer. This is certainly a terrible disease we must fight.

Hugs and kisses to your family.

Cora

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest Winterwish

Craiger is in my thoughts and prayers. :gh_child:hope:grouphug

I just saw Craiger's picture,he's beautiful,and has the sweetest eyes ever! :wub::heart

Thinking of you and Craiger. :candle

I am so sorry. Such a beautiful boy. Sending my prayers and the most gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough. I am so sorry for your news. You sweet boy is so handsome.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest PhillyPups

You are giving Craiger the greytest give ever, the gift of loving him no matter what. :bighug to you and Craiger KNOWS he is in his forever home, they do seem to know the difference, and that you love him totally. So many look for the perfect dog, and I have found that every greyhound I have met is absolutely perfect, and Craiger sure looks perfect to me. I will keep you all in my :hope One thing I learned from my Runner is that each moment is precious and to be cherished as we never know which moment will be our last, no matter what age. :bighug

Guest redreeper

I am glad that he found a home where he is loved. I am so sorry you have to go through the sad days with him so soon. I hope that time is kind to you and gives you more than you expect. :grouphug

Guest FordRacingRon

Prayers and white light. No more a noble deed can be done then giving this guy a forever home and loving him. Give him plenty of bellyrubs and scritches. 3 years is way way way too young,,but when we are needed we all must heed the call. God must have an important mission for him.....

Guest JudiK

A-h-h-h Hettie - I haven't been in GT much lately, this is the first time I've seen this thread (I'm trying to avoid grading research papers right now.) Craiger is a very old soul, very intelligent, but with a devilish sense of humor - he is one dog that I won't forget. I met Craiger's hauler and all my "shotgun seat" buddies bailed on me, so I was alone. I had Craiger and one other dog - and I had to bring them from Virginia to York, PA. They fought for the first hour - and it was never poor little Craiger, it was that evil blonde dog. OK, I bought that for about 15 minutes - then I began to get the feeling that the evil blonde dog was kind of stupid and that Craiger was leaning over occasionally and whispering things like, "Your mother wears army boots." I got the distinct impression that Craiger was pushing blonde dog's buttons, then snickering while blonde dog got in trouble. I was right, too, because as soon as Craiger decided to come up front and torture me - blonde dog laid down and went to sleep!

In the second hour, Craiger decided to clamber over the console (what was I going to do about it? - I was driving on the Baltimore-DC Beltway.) Things had gotten boring in the back so he decided that someone should be riding shotgun - him. That was OK for about five minutes. Then he decided that if he tried really hard he could squeeze between the dashboard and the windshield - that kept him busy for about 10 minutes and he got about half of his body up there. Next he decided that if he stood on my steering wheel with his front feet and put his back feet on the console... I spent the next hour pushing him back into the passenger seat - and I could hear him snickering, I swear, I could hear him snickering. Life is a chess game to Craiger and he enjoys every minute.

He is your dog, he is finally home - with you. Whether he has 4 weeks, 4 months or 4 years - he made it home. For him, it is enough.

I can't thank you all enough for your support. I have always thought of myself as a very strong person. But this has me doubting my abilities. Craiger was sent to our group for a family that requested a black dog. Then when he came in with the fawn dog, they picked the fawn. We had him listed on our web site and got lots of questions and interest, but none of the leads resulted in his adoption.

We had made plans to go to Grapehounds and had asked some of our volunteers to watch him while we were gone, but nothing seemed to work out. So we cancelled our trip.

I am thinking now that all of this has worked out for a reason. You must know what a special greyhound he is. He is standing here with me as I type this with his head resting against my back. He loves to do that. Of all of the fosters we've had here, he is the ONLY one that can hop over a three foot baby gate set one foot above the floor as though it is nothing. We don't scold him and never have as he does nothing wrong. He just wants to be where we are. He can hop over anything that he wants to hop over right now.

He is eating steak, chicken, yogurt, getting lots of vitamins, and going for slow walks. He has a special "sofa" style dog bed that is his.

I will be asking for much support. We do fine and then it "hits" us and we start to cry. I'm sure we'll get through this, but sometimes it just gets too much to bear. It is hard to know that our older dogs may be gone soon, especially when they start to slow down and fail. But this dog is so young and so special. And we feel so helpless.

Thank you all for every hug, word of support, and prayer you can send our way for Craiger.

Guest argolola

I'm crying with you as I read your post. No matter what happens, this precious boy is home and he is VERY HAPPY. God bless you all.

Guest mountain4greys

Here's a bigger picture of Craiger. He is the sweetest dog. Fast Friends Greyhound Rescue, Inc. thanks all of you for your prayers and thoughts as we go through this with him.

post-12551-1186691078.jpg

Edited by mountain4greys

We are heartbroken. Our foster, Craiger, went to the vet today for a biopsy. Our vet is 95% sure that he has lymphoma. He only turned three in April. He is such a wonderful dog. We should get the results back in a few days, but we are not hopeful. My husband and I are adopting him, not matter what and we will try to do what is best for him. He lost seven pounds in a month.

He did not go through the surgery well. Please pray for him and send good thoughts his way. He is so young and sweet and it hurts so much to see him so sick.

Many prayers are being sent your way, being loved by you and your family will make a difference in his life, hoping for the best for Craiger.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten