My First Foster.. Mikey

Guest greyhounder

Guest greyhounder

I just got this email..

I just wanted to let you all know at Fast Dogs-Fast Friends that Mikey is no longer with us. He developed a condition called chylothorax along with a twisted middle lung lobe which I had surgery to correct. Unfortunately, the thoraic duct ligation surgery was not successful and fluid kept building in his chest obviously making it difficult for him to breathe.

So I wanted to say thank you for Mikey as he gave us much over the past year.

Mikey was my first foster.. e came from Tucson when they had an abandoned kennel.. Thats how I got involved with GH rescue.. He was HW positive and we went through the treatment with him.. He had only been in his forever home over a year.. He was only 3 years old..

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

Guest Greyglo

Abandoned, heartworm, a lung problem and gone at age 3? How incredibly sad. I'm so sorry for your loss and for his mom's loss as well.

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry :grouphug I'm glad he had you and his mom to shower him with love. Hold your memories near and dear to your heart and he will always be with you...

Run Free Mikey :f_red

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry. It's never easy losing one we love whether they were our own furbabies or one that just touched our lives for a short time.

:grouphug for you

:f_white for Mikey

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Run fast and free Mickey.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

So sad. I'm sorry.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest greyhounder

I spoke to Mikey's Mom tonight.. She wants to foster for our group before she adopts again.. We were both crying on the phone..

Apparently Mikey was attacked by an off leash chow mix earlier in the year and he had just recovered from that.. After everything was done she had spent $10,000 and she still lost her heart-hound.. :crying:weep:crying