Please Send Prayers And White Light

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Please send Cougar some white light and prayers. He's at the vet right now. They are going to sedate him and then give him stitches where he peeled back an inch or so of skin all the way down on his ankle. He slid on the floor and his foot went under the door. He must have jerked it back trying to stand back up right and skinned a big chunk about an inch. They are going to keep him tonight instead of sending him home drunk.

I don't care much for these vets, but our new regular vet is too far away (about 40 miles) for this type of thing (open bleeding) on a Friday afternoon with rush hour traffic. I hope they are competent. They just a horrible bedside manner. They talk to you and treat them like they are just dogs, not like they somebody's pet.

Cougs has had reactions when he's went under before, but I had his previous chart faxed over so they would know it all. Please cross all paws, send light and say a little prayer for my 11 year old Cougar.

Thanks!

TT

Why do they always do these things on the weekend or late at night? Good thoughts for your boy. I know how you feel. The vet I prefer is an hour away from my home. Keep us posted.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest greybookends

I hope all is well. It is amazing how such freak things happen all of a sudden. Sheana slid in the back yard one day and put her foot through the fence and did the same thing. It sounds like cougar did it worse though.

Prayers for Cougar :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Thanks everyone. It looks yucky since all he has is a thin membrane left over his vein, but the skin is all still there just scrunched down. I think it will be fairly easy to fix and I am more freaked out about this particular clinic and the fact that Cougar has to go under. Hopefully, I'll have good things to report tomorrow. Thanks again.

TT

Sending prayers. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sending prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Good news! Although, I have not yet unwrapped the bandage (we'll do that a little later today) to see how the stitches look, Cougar is feeling much much better today. Yesterday was pretty rough for him. From the cut, the stitches, the anesthesia, the stress of staying in an awful kennel overnight, he was pretty freaked out and banged and bruised up. I was worried enough Saturday at one o'clock that I called the vet and had him prescribe some pain meds in case he acted out of sorts all weekend. He was violently shaking after only a minute or two of being up on his feet. However, I returned home and he zonked out for several hours, we crated him and left for a few hours and after that he ate and then zonked out again, so I didn't see any more signs of major discomfort and refrained from giving the Deramaxx.

He slept well last night and got up twice during the night to go out. He had drank a ton of water over several sessions as I was taking it up so he wouldn't woof down too much at one time. He ate again this morning and when we returned from church he bounded out of his crate pretty much near normal. He has reclaimed his spot up on our bed this afternoon and dozed almost the entire time since I've been home (this is normal for him now at almost 11). He even cockroached up on the bed when I was in there folding laundry. That made me feel so much better.

I am normally a low key person, but I was so worked up over this I felt horrible all weekend. I'm glad to report that Cougar feels much better and I've purchased 3 more area rugs for our house hoping this will not happen again.

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

Tara, Coach and Cougar

Poor baby, I am so glad he is feeling better. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg