Cleo

JedsMom

Today I lost my oldest friend. I feel so empty. I can still feel her on my shoulder. My heart is so heavy.

Cleo had stopped eating 5 weeks ago. We put her on thyroid medicine and she started to eat a little, for a couple of weeks, and then she stopped again. We put her on valium and she started to eat again, but not well. She was so drugged up, eating just enough to keep me from force-feeding her. She stayed hidden in the office, not sleeping, but just feeling miserable. As she started eating less and less well, and her valium dosage was having to be increased, I knew I was putting her through this not for her, knowing that she wasn't going to get better, but for me.

My #1 committment to her was to take care of her, and today I made the final decision in that care. I took her to see our vet, and he let us know that there really was nothing else we could do for her. All we could do would be to continue to prolong her life, but not to get her better.

Cleo went to the bridge in mine and my husband's arms a little after noon today.

Cleo, you'll never, ever be forgotten and you'll always be loved. You were with me from the time I was 15 until 33. I can't remember life without you in it, and I can't imagine a future with you not here. I know that you'll always be with me, always on my shoulder. I love you so much and I know that the grief I feel now is a testament to the love I'll feel always.

Be pain free. Now you can get some rest.

post-39-1185479190_thumb.jpg

post-39-1185479224_thumb.jpg

Edited by JedsMom

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest bowiebears

My sympathy at the loss of your oldest friend!

It's amazing how firmly these angels become rooted in our hearts and souls.

You will always have a place in your heart with her name on it!

Prayers and good thoughts !

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss of Cleo. You two were very bonded and she knows how much you love her. I too have an older kitty who loves to perch on my shoulder or neck when I lay down.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest how888

Godspeed Cleo. Just know she is up there over the rainbow with all of our precious angels. I had my Persian kitty for 16 years and know just how you feel. May all your good memories comfort you at this time.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girlie. :bighug Godspeed, Cleo...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.