Such Thing As A Tickle Spot?

Guest michaela1123

Guest SoulsMom
so if it's a sympathetic nervous reaction, does that mean they don't like it when you do it? I mean, there's no sense in annoying her on purpose :P

This is why I don't do it . . . . that and I know I hate to be tickled, so I'm sure the pups don't appreciate it either.

Guest wrldruler
so if it's a sympathetic nervous reaction, does that mean they don't like it when you do it? I mean, there's no sense in annoying her on purpose :P

Nelly will stand there for hours and thump away. I assume, if it annoyed her, she wouldn't stick around and ask for more.

- Chris

If dogs could giggle, I guess we'd have the authoritative answer. :lol:lol

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest rsqdogsmom

I always thought it was an involuntary response , like when the dr. hits your knee & your leg shoots out.

Nothing bad about it, just the expected response.

It sounds a strange tale to me, as I would say my own and lots of other dogs I've had contact with have all done this. My boy Jack also "grins right up to his ear" if I scratch his shoulder in a certain spot, that is to say one side of his mouth kind of grimaces and stretches, well almost up to his ear :lol

OMG, we have the same thing here! I never saw this before, and thought it was the strangest thing. I'm glad ours isn't the only one who does that.... :lol

Guest Greensleeves

Nelly will stand there for hours and thump away. I assume, if it annoyed her, she wouldn't stick around and ask for more.

- Chris

I'm sure it depends on the dog! Like another poster said, it can't be nice to lose muscle control in your legs when somebody presses down on your spine... but I know some dogs absolutely love that certain scritch in just the right spot.... Some probably enjoy it more than others... like everything. :)

Guest Redpack

Emissary has a large tickle spot...just about his whole rib cage....and he tickles himself when he scratches! :) He also has a spot....maybe a different kind of tickle spot at the bottom of his ribs....if you scratch him the wrong way..he swings his head around and gives "the look."

I think my dog likes it, don't care what the vets say...when he doesn't, he lets me know. You know your dog best and what he likes....

As for the fleas, I had a hard time with them last year and sympathize....a good oatmeal shampoo helped the itching. You may want to ask your vet before you apply the Frontline before the end of the month. Good Luck!