New Post To Yesterdays Nuisance Bleeding

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

My dog Roo has a blood blister looking growth on her upper tummy lower chest. ...kind of by her elbow. It is the size of a pea. Well it burst open about last evening and was still bleeding this a.m.

We went to the Vet and the Vet thinks its some kind of growth or tumor. Roo is haing surgery tomorrow morning to take it out and biopsy it. Roo has bad teeth as well, so I said to do a dental at the same time.

I am so scared for my baby girl....I just have tear in my eyes. Everyone says how hounds don't do well with anesthesia. My Vet has two greys of her own...but she is not in to do the surgery...her partner will be doing it. My Vet said her partner does all the surgery on her hounds....so I know they

know what they are doing.

I have just so fallen in love with this maniac girl in the last 6 months and I just want her safe and healthy.

Please think good thoughts for my pup tomorrow.

Here is a sweet picture of her...in one of her rare quiet moments. Isnt she the sweetest.....?

Rooandpal.jpg

Edited by WarmheartedPups

Guest trevdog

Sending prayers. Were they able to stop the bleeding for now? Surgery is always scary, most do well under anesthesia though. I'm more worried that it will be a tumor of some kind. I'm glad your vet is grey savvy even though she's not doing the surgery.

Guest smarthound

It sounds like your vets know what they're doing. We'll think good thoughts and look forward to hearing good news about the surgery. All the best wishes to you and your sweetie.

First, I hope the growth turns out to be nothing serious. She does look like quite a character.

As far as anesthesia... all three of my girls have been under for their dentals (and Kara's first required 29 extractions - a story for later). All have done fine. I'm sure Roo will, as well.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest WarmheartedPups
Sending prayers. Were they able to stop the bleeding for now? Surgery is always scary, most do well under anesthesia though. I'm more worried that it will be a tumor of some kind. I'm glad your vet is grey savvy even though she's not doing the surgery.

They got the bleeding stopped using a "nitro" stick? She gave me a few to use if the bleeding starts up again.

I just darn hate this stupid darn darn surgery - tumor stuff.

Guest wmlcml6

Very smart to go ahead and get her teeth done. :-)

Best wishes for the vet visit and fingers crossed the "growth" is nothing serious.

That is a really nice picture of Mama Rooo.

Guest SalPal

Dear WarmHeartedPups,

So sorry to hear about your Roo. Our Sally had a mast cell tumor removed over the winter. She did fine through the surgery and still is doing well now. Where is your vet located? We take Sally to Foley Blvd Clinic up in Coon Rapids. Norhtern Lights Greyhound Adoption is run through their office. Dr. Barr owns greyhounds and treats Sally and many other greyhounds. If you have any reservations about your vet, I would recommend contacting Dr. Barr.

Deer Miz Roo,

I just had a thing just like yours cut off Tuesday. Only mine didn't bleed first. It was just an ugly bump and it didn't bother me but everybody else said hmmmmmmm. They semp it out for biopissy just in case even tho things like that in us dogs are youzhully "just a lump." BUT what I wamped to tell you was, if your docker gives you antipeyeotic pills after, see if you can get the ones that you take three times a day and not two because then you get a BIG SNACK!!!!! for the in-between pill. Peanutbupper AND a BIG SNACK!!!! And it only hurt a litlte bit on Wensday and not at all twoday.

I hope s everything goes o.k. for you too and you get lots of BIG SNACKS!!!! to make up for all the indignippies. Your mom could go shopping for snacks while you are at the vet and then she will be ready right when you come home.

Love,

Zema

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest CaroleWithRunningDogs

Dear Lin - She is absolutely positively going to do well. What would Oti possibly do without her? Having a bossy housemate is part of his life now for gosh sakes.

Glad you'll do the dental too, though she should have had that done 6 months ago when you adopted her - did she not get it done then?

Lily has a mole that Rodger said to just watch, which is what we do.

You told me you trusted your vet, and if you don't use ours. It is all too scary to have concerns that you have no control over. so take advantage of things you do have control over and then trust in doG.

We'll be thinking of you. Maybe she'll be ready for an outing on the 5th of August when we are hoping to do a walk around the Powderhorn Park art fair? Hugs, Carole :gh_face

Linda

I will be thinking of you and Roo. Let us know if you need anything. I'd be happy to run over and walk Otis if he would like some company from the Passion girly.

Carole- thanks for the art fair note. I just marked it down so hope to make it.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest WarmheartedPups
Dear WarmHeartedPups,

So sorry to hear about your Roo. Our Sally had a mast cell tumor removed over the winter. She did fine through the surgery and still is doing well now. Where is your vet located? We take Sally to Foley Blvd Clinic up in Coon Rapids. Norhtern Lights Greyhound Adoption is run through their office. Dr. Barr owns greyhounds and treats Sally and many other greyhounds. If you have any reservations about your vet, I would recommend contacting Dr. Barr.

Yes, I got Roo from NLGA. I see a Vet that is close to home... south Minneapolis on 46th and Chicago......as I seem to go a lot!! My Vet got her two hounds from Dr. Barr and NLGA. I trust her. If I got into something that was uncertain, I would most certainly see Dr. Barr for a 2nd opinion

Sending many good thoughts for Roo - what a cutie. I'm sure she'll be fine - otherwise who'll be our weathergirl? :kiss2

eta: sorry, meant Meaty-or-all-agist! :lol

Edited by sweetdogs

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest WarmheartedPups
Linda

I will be thinking of you and Roo. Let us know if you need anything. I'd be happy to run over and walk Otis if he would like some company from the Passion girly.

Carole- thanks for the art fair note. I just marked it down so hope to make it.

Thanks Kari!

Hopefully Roo will recover quickly....but I will take you up on your offer if things dont go well.

Linda

Dear Lin - She is absolutely positively going to do well. What would Oti possibly do without her? Having a bossy housemate is part of his life now for gosh sakes.

Glad you'll do the dental too, though she should have had that done 6 months ago when you adopted her - did she not get it done then?

Lily has a mole that Rodger said to just watch, which is what we do.

You told me you trusted your vet, and if you don't use ours. It is all too scary to have concerns that you have no control over. so take advantage of things you do have control over and then trust in doG.

We'll be thinking of you. Maybe she'll be ready for an outing on the 5th of August when we are hoping to do a walk around the Powderhorn Park art fair? Hugs, Carole :gh_face

Carole, I was told she had a dental, but he back teeth are really bad...

Thanks for the kind words....think of Roo tomorrow a.m.

Guest SalPal
Dear WarmHeartedPups,

Yes, I got Roo from NLGA. I see a Vet that is close to home... south Minneapolis on 46th and Chicago......as I seem to go a lot!! My Vet got her two hounds from Dr. Barr and NLGA. I trust her. If I got into something that was uncertain, I would most certainly see Dr. Barr for a 2nd opinion

That's good. I live in S. Minneapolis too. We have taken Sally to Cedar Pet Clinic (35th and Cedar) for a few minor things. Coon Rapids is so far away!!

I'll be thinking about you both tomorrow. And just think, after the dental, Roo's breath is going to be nice and refreshing!

Guest WarmheartedPups
Deer Miz Roo,

I just had a thing just like yours cut off Tuesday. Only mine didn't bleed first. It was just an ugly bump and it didn't bother me but everybody else said hmmmmmmm. They semp it out for biopissy just in case even tho things like that in us dogs are youzhully "just a lump." BUT what I wamped to tell you was, if your docker gives you antipeyeotic pills after, see if you can get the ones that you take three times a day and not two because then you get a BIG SNACK!!!!! for the in-between pill. Peanutbupper AND a BIG SNACK!!!! And it only hurt a litlte bit on Wensday and not at all twoday.

I hope s everything goes o.k. for you too and you get lots of BIG SNACKS!!!! to make up for all the indignippies. Your mom could go shopping for snacks while you are at the vet and then she will be ready right when you come home.

Love,

Zema

Deer Zema,

Ok...tings ist lookin up.......PeeNutBrudder...hmmmmm....Snacks!!!!! I guess it makes up for not bean able to have a bedtime snack tonight.

I hope they duznt leeb anee scars...bein the Wonderful Weatther Dog ( Meaty or all o gist), I dont wan dem to reck my girlish figur..

I tink I had a bio pissy when I got out of the truck this mornin??? :blink: I had to go BAD

She is indeed very sweet :wub: My Sunny recently had little growth removed from his head and, like you, I was worried silly about the anaesthetic, but he was fine, and it turned out to be a benigh histiocytoma. Fingers crossed for Roo.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest WarmheartedPups
Dear WarmHeartedPups,

That's good. I live in S. Minneapolis too. We have taken Sally to Cedar Pet Clinic (35th and Cedar) for a few minor things. Coon Rapids is so far away!!

I'll be thinking about you both tomorrow. And just think, after the dental, Roo's breath is going to be nice and refreshing!

If you need an name , pm me....I tried to pm you and couldnt

Guest SalPal
Dear WarmHeartedPups,

I don't have the ability to PM. I don't think I'm an "important" enough member of GreyTalk :colgate

Guest WarmheartedPups
Dear WarmHeartedPups,

I don't have the ability to PM. I don't think I'm an "important" enough member of GreyTalk :colgate

I am pretty sure anyone can PM...if you turned it on. I PM'd at the very beginning and I didnt do anything special.

Maybe someone reading this can tell you how...or go to assistance and e mail for help.

You haven't had enough to say yet! :lol You need between 25 & 50 posts (I forget which). So keep talkin'!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis