Goodbye Jp

gracegirl

I just got back from a close friends house. Grace, Fenway and I went to her house to be with her and her family while their beloved family pet, a 14 year old German Shepard Dog named JP, crossed the bridge. JP was one of the first dogs both Grace and Fenway met when they came into my life. He was found as a stray by her brother when he was a puppy. JP had a long and happy life, he was a Delta Society Therapy Dog who went to work with Lisa at the hospital for 7 years. Her co-workers from the hospital are setting up a memorial fund in JP's name for a plaque to place in the hospital's Healing Garden. My dogs were fabulous tonight, it was if they knew something bigger was going on while we were there. After JP left, Grace walked right up and stood over Lisa for a hug, OMG I can't stop crying. He lived a long and happy life and got to cross the rainbow bridge in the sunshine in his own backyard surrounded by friends and family. He was such a teddy bear. He was just getting so old. Fun free sweet man, and tell Freckles I miss him!

Here is JP at my house the weekend I brought Fenway home...

Party016.jpg

Here is JP looking over Mazie, Truman, Grace and Fenway...

Party005.jpg

We miss you already JP, run fast and pain free!

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry. My condolences to those who loved JP.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

What a handsome pupster! I'm sorry he had to leave his friends and family.

Godspeed, JP.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Run free without pain, JP.

Tell my big guy, Prince (also a Shepherd), that I love him.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Tenderhearts

Please pass my deepest sympathies on to Lisa, and God bless all of you for being there with him when he crossed :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I am so sorry. Run free Sweetheart...you will be loved and missed always. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.