Frazzle

dmswartzfager

Frazzle was a goofy old man who was sent to us by our goofy old man Marcus. I don't know the exact details of his story, but he was adopted by a lady who loved him very much. (Though I'm told she called the adoption group in a panic after Frazzle peed on her shoulder while riding in her car on the way home from adopting him. They told her he had marked her as his, and then she was okay with that.) His first mama had medical and financial issues, and one day she came home to find her belongings on the curb and Frazzle at the animal shelter as she had been evicted from her apartment. He had a rough few days in the shelter - when they sprung him and got him to a vet, his legs were so swollen that the vet thought for sure his legs were broken. I believe a friend of his first mama took care of Frazzle for a little while, but it soon became clear that his mama would not be able to care for him in her situation, so he was given to GPA-MD.

I saw Frazzle on GPA's website and fell in love, but we had four greys at the time, and had no desire to take on a fifth. So I just watched him on the website and hoped his picture would disappear. That was August/September of 2005. We lost Marcus suddenly and unexpectedly on his 12th birthday in November of 2005, which allowed us to adopt Frazzle a few weeks later. I truly felt as though Marcus "knew" Frazzle needed a home and that (since he had been adopted by us just shy of his 11th birthday) we would be able to give an old man a home if we just had the room. So Frazzle joined us in December of 2005. It was an added bonus that Frazzle turned out to be Carrie's half-brother through a not-so-prolific sire. Unfortunately, his first mama had already passed away, so she never knew.

Frazzle made us smile and laugh and he always had a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face. We loved him as best we could and took him on many adventures, including that massive camping trip to California last summer. He was such a trooper, even as his back legs started failing him, he still refused to give up.

But I think he did give up last night, or it may have even been brewing for a few days now, but his back legs stopped working last night, and while he did perk up and walk a few steps this morning when he saw we were going for a ride, he realized things were not going to get better, and felt awkward about his mommy trying to help him move around. (Yet, he still fought being completely carried as I took him into the hospital this morning.)

So with Auntie Karen, daddy, Dr. Patty, and his second mama loving him, Frazzle left us to join his first mama at the Bridge. There is no doubt a huge stuffy waiting for him (he could sniff those things out like they were food), and he can have crumbly treats like Burpdog biscuits again, and he can run around without fear of pain or falling. Thank Marcus for us, and say hello to your buddy Tyler. We miss our three boys.

Once again, if someone knows his first mama's resting place, I would like to know. I don't know if I can scatter Frazzle's ashes there, but I would at least llike to visit. By all accounts, she loved him dearly.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

I'm so sorry you lost your boy Frazzle.

Run free at the bridge, sweet boy.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Godspeed Frazzle. You were a lucky boy to have 2 families who loved you so much.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry for your loss. Though he wasn't with you very long, he knew he was well loved.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry the loss of another remarkable senior from you home. :grouphug I always looked forward to stories and pictures of both Marcus and Frazzle as they were two of my favorite hounds on Greytalk.

Godspeed Frazzle. You were loved very much and will be sorely missed.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm so sorry Deanna :grouphug Sometimes the length of time we have to love is not as important as the quality of love we have to give and receive.....Frazzle was well and truly loved.

Godspeed sweet boy.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest hannahmom

I am so very sorry.

My heart just sank when I saw his name.

Goodbye sweetheart, you will be missed by many who never had a chance to scratch your ears.

Edited by hannahmom

Guest bowiebears

Deanna,

What a lovely tribute to Frazzle.

I am very sorry for your loss. It is obvious how much he meant to you all. My prayers and good thoughts for you and yours....

One day we will all meet again at The Bridge!

--Isaac

Deanna and Brian, thank you so very much for letting me be there this morning, you know how much Frazzle meant to me, he was so dam special.

Frazzle I got to love on you one last time sweetie. I could see it in your eyes that you were ready. But it's never easy to say goodbye. I told you how very much I loved you and that now you will be able to run and play with all the stuffies your heart desires (I told him that the biggest Stuffy he could imagine made by Batmom would be waiting for him at the bridge, cause we all know they are some of the best stuffies ever). You are whole again. I know you will say hi to Marcus and Tyler, who I'm sure were there to greet you as well as your first mommy.

Thank you Frazzle for sharing some of your life with me. For those who didn't have the chance to meet Frazzle, well, he was just one of those pups, you know. Yes we all love our greys so but Frazzle could look into your soul with his eyes. We will all meet again. Your second mommy and daddy will miss you, as will your sisters, but now you can watch over all of them.

There will be a brighter star in the heavens tonight.

Until we meet again Frazzle Dazzle, know I will never ever forget you and you will be in my heart always.

Run Like the Wind Frazzle, I love you.......... :angelwings:gh_runner:angelwings

Praying for all the missing greys!