Greetings From Coatbridge In Scotland

Guest carlowayposer

Guest carlowayposer

Hi everyone. My name is Janice, I'm married to Scott have 3 kids (2 girls, 13 & 9 and 1 boy aged 12). I currently have 3 adult greys and 7 grey puppies. The adults are:

Molly Flanders - she is 5, brindle and gorgeous. We owned her when she ran at Shawfield and took her home when she retired. Molly F unfortunately ran into a car last year and sustained bad injuries to both her hind legs but with plenty of loving care and minor surgery she is back to full health.

Molly Mac is Molly Flanders litter sister so she is also 5, fawn (more like blonde) and is the mummy to the puppies. We also owned her as a racer. She broke her hock & calcaneus last year whilst running around the garden. She required extensive surgery (£2000) and has metalwork in her leg but she is absolutely great now.

Rusty Rebel is a 4 year old white and brindle boy. We fostered him after he retired and kept him after my beloved Corrie died. He is daddy to the puppies.

Corrie (Carloway Poser) began our love of greyhounds. We got her from a free ads paper from a woman who claimed she couldn't look after her. Through investigating her earmarks we discovered she had been a champion at Shawfield and in Open races. SHe had run away from her previous owners and they thought she was dead. They allowed us to keep her and were pleased that she found a loving home. We had Corrie 3 and a half years and she was the most gentle, kind and loving dog you could ever meet. She suddenly took ill on Christmas morning last year, she could hardly move and was clearly in pain. I was given strong painkillers for her (she was already on regular metacam for arthritis). Unfortunately she didn't respond and I took her to the vet on 29th December and the vet advised it would be kinder to let her go. I was devastated but didn't want her to suffer so I make the heart breaking decision. I now have Corries ashes in a casket with her photo on it and I can't bear to scatter her ashes - I still feel she is with us.

Anyway on a lighter note. Molly Mac had eleven puppies on 21st March 2007 (17 weeks old now). Unfortunately we lost 4 boys but the remaining seven are doing great. We have sold 2, we're keeping 1 and my sister is keeping 1. One is going over to Switzerland to live (apparently there are no breeders over there). They are all brindle and are gorgeous.

Sorry for going on - thats all folks!!!

Apart from pics.

Corrie

Greyhound_Carloway_Poser-big.jpg

Molly Mac

100_0736.jpg

Molly Flanders

Nov06005.jpg

Rusty Rebel

OctNov2006009.jpg

The puppies

100_1505.jpg

100_1491-1.jpg

100_1481.jpg

100_1482-1.jpg

:wave Hi from Miami. What a beautiful pack you have..

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from the suburbs fo Washington, DC!

What a lovely tribute to Corrie! And many wonderful pix! Thanks for sharing.

--Isaac