Some Prayers For Roo, Please

Guest Mom2RooAndLexi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RooMomma

Thank you so much, everyone, for your good wishes. That has meant a lot to me. Roo came home about 8 last night. He cried out everytime he had to step on that front leg. :crying I had to get a neighbor to help me lift him out of the minivan. He shook and panted all night, but he seems much better this morning. He finally drank some water, so I am glad about that. Here's the "after" photos....

100_0384.jpg

100_0386.jpg

100_0385.jpg

He ended up with 9 staples in his shoulder. I'm impressed, I didn't think they'd be able to close it up so nicely. Roo has a puncture wound on top of his head, and another under his chin which is still draining and bleeding. He is on pain meds and antibiotics. He seems to be in less pain today, though certainly not back to himself. Lots of resting time for the next 2 weeks.

Thank you again for the support. It was a rough 24 hours.

Oh no, poor Roo! Looks like the vet did a good job. When Fenway had stitches in his side I put a t-shirt on him, and he left it alone. I hope you can find a trick like that for Roo too so he heals quickly and nicely. Get well soon, Roo-ster! :)

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

It looks really good considering what the before picture was. I second the t-shirt idea, I

use a large or extra large t-shirt and cut straight up the back about half way and then you can tie those ends up to keep the shirt up close to his body.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Tell your vet that it looks like he did a beautiful job on that closure. Been there and done that. If the cops ever come thru here with luminol, they're gonna start tearin up the floorboards and lookin for the bodies....

Hope that everybodies wounds heal quickly and uneventfully. :dogcookie:dogcookie:dogcookie:dogcookie:dogcookie

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I am so sorry that must have been horrible to wake up to! Bless their hearts! But my two got into a really bad fight in the beginning and required stitches but they have never fought since and now they are Best Buds. But you are right it is never woth taking a chance!

Hope all is quick healing and hugs to you! :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh boy what a slice! But I must say the vet did a terrific job stitching Roo up!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest RooMomma

Thanks everyone! Roo is so much better today! He is eating and drinking normally, and he even trotted around in the backyard. The wound on his chin has closed up and isn't draining anymore, and the swelling has gone down significantly. The shoulder still looks really good, no signs of infection. Whew!

Now the boys are getting used to wearing their muzzles out in the yard. Both of them keep trying to rub them off their noses. :rolleyes: I'm not letting them spend a lot of time outside with each other, rotating their turns out instead. All three dogs are confused about the loss of easy access in and out (leaving the door open), but we will get into a new routine, I'm sure.

Roo is standing here bopping my elbow with his bald head to get lovies. :wub: Yeah, he is feeling much better!!